Internet channel Why do they charge for it?

capple123

WiiChat Member
Dec 8, 2007
I'm sure I would use it if it was free. Sucks that I bought my wii after the free downloads ended. Maybe there is a reason to dish out $5 for it. What though?

It's a third-party program (developed by Opera). Opera wants to get paid for their program. Of course Nintendo paid the bill for the first several months, and I guess they still could, but for whatever reason don't. So now it's $5.

well I got my internet channel for free....to tell you the truth i wouldnt have paided for it....i have a laptop and a desktop and dont use this channel to much

It depends how many computers you have and how often you can access them. When I bought my wii, I had one computer in my house (Along with my parents laptops) So, I used it quite a bit.

Now, I have two more computers and a laptop myself, so I never use it.

It really depends on the situation.

1. It's internet on the Wii.
2. It's only 5 bucks.
3. People will buy it for the novelty.
4. It's non-refundable.

Nintendo makes a chunk of change extra.

That's why Nintendo did it.

Before I got my macbook in I used the Internet Channel all of the time (got it b 4 they charged ya for it.) This is partially b/c there are 3 people in my house who use the computer all of the time. So, if I just want to look something up I can go to my Wii. However it hasnt been used for about 1 month now. I like it when I want to watch music videos in full screen on my TV. BTW, macbooks are awesome! F the PC.

Last edited:
It's pretty useless for me, I have a desktop that I keep on most of the time. I don't use my wii often either so if I bought it, I'd be throwing away $5 :/.

how do i add internet channel

any other option than purchasing the wii 2000 points card for 19.99 .. i just need the 500 points for Internet channel.. is there anyway pls help ?

mikepr said:
Do you need the Internet Channel to buy VC games?
nopers. the wii shop channel is where you buy VC games. the internet channel is like an internet browser.

Back