internet keyboard

codeking

Computer Nerd, not Geek
Nov 16, 2006
i heard nintendo was getting a on-screen point-and-click keyboard. could you get something like a palm pilot, where you wave the wiimote around and spell the words? that would be neat.

That's exactly how it is. It's a little hard to use at first, but you do get used to it, and there is predictive text. You can also set it up to be the layout of a cell phone keypad, for the avid texter.

Yeah...hopefully nintendo releases a real keyboard to connect to the wiimote

I know if someone like Datel or another 3rd party company starts releasing them then Nintendo will jump all over it because they want that money. Same thing happened with the PS2 they said "You can use the controller as a remote", but obviously everyone was too torrid to do that and they wanted a remote. So the only remotes that were available were 3rd party ones, which sold well and then a year later Sony released their own one. So yes, as soon as that Opera browser is launched you should see a keyboard at that time or soon after.

I bet they will come up with an update for a usb keyboard, or someone will find a hack... hopefully not another have-to-buy keyboard...

Back