On-Screen Keyboard (Potential) Alternative?

tonyr1988

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Arkansas, United States
Wii Online Code
5915-3034-4885-8290
Has anyone here heard about a program called dasher? It's actually pretty cool - once you get the hang of it and increase the speed, you can zoom through and "type" words like nothing.

It's obviously not near as fast as a keyboard, but probably faster than the on-screen one, and a whole lot less stressful. :)

I know there's no chance in you-know-what that it'll be implemented, but I think it would be a great addition. Agree o no?

That reminds me of those old Commodore 64 dropping letter games, but horizontal, my elementary school had when I was little.

Using that to type up sentences would seem like a game in itself. The only thing missing is a flying backspace button for all those spelling errors you'll eventually run into.

seems cool enough but kind of odd to get used to...
what if it comes up with words that you dont want can you only
do letters or is it always suggesting words?

lolercaust said:
seems cool enough but kind of odd to get used to...
what if it comes up with words that you dont want can you only
do letters or is it always suggesting words?

The Wii's on-screen browser keyboard has suggested words as well. Might save you some time.

It actually doesn't suggest words...it just lists the letters (and punctuation marks, etc) and you scroll through and choose them - it "suggests" words by making certain letters larger, thus easier to choose. I've got it on my computer, and it's actually really cool. There's no clicking and it's actually pretty fast once you get the hang of it (you can adjust the speed).

Back