Wii + LCD / Keyboard for using Opera Browser

DavidBeoulve

Father of four Wii kids
Nov 14, 2006
United States of America
Duh, Wii + computer LCD... what's needed? I assume most answers will be "An LCD with component inputs" and that I guessed, what about converting to DVI?

The resolution of the TV just kills Gmail's readability, and if you zoom in the text spans wider than the screen.

Does anyone know of a good e-mail program that includes links (Wii's message board doesn't) for the Wii?

Lastly - what's the story behind a keyboard? It's so sad seeing USB inputs in the back and having no way of typing.

Thanks in advance guys... my 10yo daughter finally likes the Internet - or is that teh Interwebs?

Try using component cables (crisper images) and using manual zoom (can more specifically zoom to web standards as far as sizes go. We use a widescreen plasma)in settings. Whenever I have friends over we prefer to use the wii to find useless crap to look at, and it's not too much of a hassle.

Thank you SadistBlue, I shall try manual Zoom. Silly me, that was the default.

To use Component Cables I would either need a converter or a new TV ... I'd prefer to get something that translates to a computer LCD. Anyone know about that?

So..... okay manual settings gives better control of the "zomm" but does nothing to change the problem.

Guys how about hooking up a Wii to an LCD? How does one do that?

LCD TV the supplied AV cables work fine. To display 480P and get progressive scan you will need the HD Component cables (RGB)

LCD Monitor you will need a DVI converter for the video and for sound you will need to hook them up to your speakers. Not too sure on how to do this because I have mine hooked up to my HDTV via HD component cables.

Hope I helped you out a bit.

Actually you did. That term "DVI converter", mixed with "component" was all the googling I needed.

So basically, I can buy an LCD TV, or buy one of these
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/video-to-vga.html
kinds of things.

Sound - I've already got the cables to send the sounds to computer speakers from my XBOX, which sits alone, and unloved, and unused. My PS2 gets more playtime when I want to reminisce with Shadow of the Colossus.

What kind of LCD TV did you get? How much was it?

I have a Vizio 32" 1080i LCD HDTV Got it from Costco before Christmas. $600 I could not believe the price because I have seen some other low priced LCD's that don't even compare. 2 HDMI ports was a huge selling point for me. I did a lot of research and found what I wanted. I could of gotten a more Brand name but for the exact same specs as my Vizio I would have paid $1000 or more. Vizio makes a great product and am I very satisfied.

Here are the specs:

http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=18

Sorry to hear the manual zoom didn't do anything for you. As far as component to dvi, I'm sure there is converters around, but overall at least to me would never be worth the money. The main draw with component is the ability to use Progressive Scan. To be honest if your going to be using your monitor to game/pc then at least get a nice monitor to do it with :yesnod:

I use a Samsung SyncMaster 215tw (22" Widescreen 1600x1050 /w DVI, VGA, RGB, AV, S-Video plugs) I'd recommend it for anyone. As far as 22" widescreen monitors go it's a bit pricey compared to the cheaper ones, but it doesn't have any blacklight bleeding which was my selling point.

I'm sure none of this helps you, as the idea of using your lcd for everything means you don't have the money to spare anyways. I'd say just switch to your pc to do work/email. A usb keyboard is absolutely inevitable, it's just a matter of time.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ev=/images?q=wii+keyboard&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en

gamecube-keyboard-controller.jpg

Back