Is a Nintendo Wii appropriate for a 7 year old?

titaniummd

WiiChat Member
Oct 14, 2007
I bought a Nintendo Wii for my 7 year old's birthday. She has a Nintendo DS (plays Pokemon and Nintendogs).

Is this system appropriate for her? Or should I return it?

o dont return it there are tonez of games that are kid aproperate and kids love...like mario party thats a blast a fun time ...and like wario ware and carival games ..donkie knog ... just be sure to watch the rating of the gamme as you whould with the ds ..the wii is for everone ...espessial kids

It is definitely appropriate for a seven year old. In fact, I would say this might be the best system of all time for younger kids. You can keep them active by playing wii sports and there are quite a few games that she might like. I recommend ExciteTruck, Warioware, and Rayman: Raving Rabbits.

Edit: Like the poster above, Make sure the rating is E on the cover. That's the only rating appropriate for 7 year olds. (All 3 of the games I listed are)

titaniummd said:
I bought a Nintendo Wii for my 7 year old's birthday. She has a Nintendo DS (plays Pokemon and Nintendogs).

and im sure you will fall in love with it too man its awesome :)

The Wii is very appropriate for a 7 year old. My daughter is 7 and she loves our Wii. I love the fact it improves her hand/eye coordination and gets her off the couch and has her up moving around.

Yeah, just don't give her games like Resi Evil 4, or even Mario Strikers. *cough*Waluigi's crotch-chop*cough*

Last edited:
My cousin Paul is 10 and he's still a dumbass with the Wii, maybe because he is a dumbass, but he chews the Wiimote and doesn't really get what the hell he has to do. My cousin Jamie, who is 5, gets the game much better but his reactions are slower, he'll grow up to be more intelligent than Paul but still uses the Wiimote inappropriately, like "HEY, LET'S OVERARM BOWL."

Well, make sure you supervise your child during gameplay, my 5 year old cousin hurt his head on a table playing Wii Sports and he had to get stiches, just make sure they have plenty of space to move around and it's great for kids.

Yes, a Wii is perfectly appropriate for a 7 year old. Just use common sense and keep her away from inappropriate games. Make sure she is always wearing the Wii Remote wrist strap so she does not hurt herself. I would suggest the following games:

You said she plays Pokemon on her DS, I suggest Pokemon Battle Revolution.
Mario Party 8 is a great party games for young kids.

titaniummd said:

more than appropriate....rofl

My sister is 9 years old (close enough right?) and she loves the Wii. Her favorite games are Wii Sports, Mario Party 8 (I hate that game but whatever), and Wario Ware Smooth Moves. Mario Strikers might be a bit too challenging for her though and Waluigi has that weird thing that he does. Also if she is like my sister she will enjoy the whole High School "Musuckal" game that was supposed to be coming out soon.

Back