Is a Nintendo Wii appropriate for a 7 year old?

Super Monkey Ball was actually rated one of the most difficult games of all time. (I think it was like seven or something) So.. the story mode might be a little difficult but some of the mini games are real nice. (Others though...others..they aren't so great.)

Supervising your young children is always recommended, however it is a perfect system for them to be apart of. Not only does it keep them active to some degree, but games like Big Brain Academy keeps them from being mentally lazy as well. (A problem with my own children, however is actually decreasing since this game promotes rapid thought and requires continual brain usage to play. Amazing what simple puzzles can achieve. :) )

As suggested earlier make sure there is plenty of space, and alway encourage that they don't crowd the television either. When we first got the system and they was permitted to play, I gave them a lecture about the importance of using the strap and securing it properly, as well as shown them screen shots from this site www.wiidamage.com if they don't wear and use it properly.

After time you may feel comfortable about them playing unsupervised, however I recommend you use the parental settings on the Wii to insure the children's friends don't bring over inappropriate game titles like Manhunt 2. There is an option to assign the highest ESRB rating the system will play without the parental pin number, and may help give you piece of mind.

Something else, you may find yourself playing it as much or more than your children, as this really is a social game system. Keep that in mind, as you may find yourself playing it almost as often as your 7 year old. :)

Last edited:
KrisKhaos said:
I gave them a lecture about the importance of using the strap and securing it properly, as well as shown them screen shots from this site www.wiidamage.com if they don't wear and use it properly.

OMG!! I'm showing that link to my kids as well. I've read the stories but have never actually seen pics of those accidents.

The Wii wsa creates as to support all age groups and just about everything else under the sun.

If wish to protect her from possible mature content you can always password protect content on your Wii, visit Wii Settings.

Dumbass_Luigi said:
Yeah, just don't give her games like Resi Evil 4, or even Mario Strikers. *cough*Waluigi's crotch-chop*cough*

Yay Waluigi! He should have been the final boss in Halo 3 :lol:

I find that the Wii is appropriate for any age in fact my grandparents even get into it its probly the only time they have ever even thought of touching a game but they love the Wii.

see people the wii is awsome and fun. It hurts to see people put it down saying " wii my ass" , "I dont care about wii it sucks, im gonna play resistance"
, and other bull. but the wii has potential and if used right it can be fun. but if the safety of others and items is not put first then it can result in flat screen tv's getting ruined, projectors getting ripped, and closets doors getting a personal clobbering time by a wii mote. so remember people safety comes first.

MRCOOLGH said:
see people the wii is awsome and fun. It hurts to see people put it down saying " wii my ass" , "I dont care about wii it sucks, im gonna play resistance"
, and other bull. but the wii has potential and if used right it can be fun. but if the safety of others and items is not put first then it can result in flat screen tv's getting ruined, projectors getting ripped, and closets doors getting a personal clobbering time by a wii mote. so remember people safety comes first.
nicely said :smilewinkgrin:

thanks please increase my reputation. But dont you agree also Z3wk that people should put their expensive items and people's safety above all before or after playing a wii because I certainly dont want to get my head bashed by a wii-mote or have glass cut my face and end up getting stiches. These sorts of accidents only happen because people dont care enough to put some safety meseasures like telling them "please dont swing your arms like crazy when your playing my wii ok?" this sort of talk helps prevent it but there are people who are :ciappa: and need to be told the harsh way. so please people spear your electronics, glasswear, your wii-mote, and anything in risk of being ruined by the wii mote from being destroyed.

Back