Is four enough?

cougar4000

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2006
I was just thinking... a Wii console can only communicate with four Wiimotes.

Do u reckon that four is enough for a console designed to appeal to multiplayer gaming? I know that its online and you'll be able to play with more people that way, but Nintendo said that the Wii was going to bring people together to play. Games like Mario Party or Mario Strikers would be great to have 3 on 3 playing on the same TV, and what about the games coming out that arent online..

Personally I would've liked to have seen a nice round 6 controllers on a Wii, would it really have been that difficult to do? Or is it due to the machine basically being built up from the Gamecube (4 player max)?

This is just a little thing, no big deal, but I just thought I'd bring it up....

Last edited:
First.... could you imagine 6 player split screen action on a twenty inch tv? No I didnt think so! And yes, I think that four is plenty, especially when they are charging so much for just one! Also, they may still make party games for more than four players. I mean, sure, maybe only four players could play at one time, but, the remote is wireless, and very portable, meaning it could be easily and quickly passed on to another person. Just a thought!

yeah obviously 6 way split screens would be terrible, I'm just talking about games where all players are on one screen e.g. Superstrikers, couldn't share controllers in those games.
LANs are good for any games but more so shooters and team games where you don't want to be on the same screen.

I'd like to see this 6 player specticle in a room all these people waving, poking swinging wiimotes everywhere, it just to many people in the one room

deity_link said:
I'd like to see this 6 player specticle in a room all these people waving, poking swinging wiimotes everywhere, it just to many people in the one room
would be quite funny to watch though, if its a dorm room... *smack* MY EYE!

mr. stoukaph, how would the people with the gamecube controllers play redsteel or metroid prime 3?

amon140 said:
mr. stoukaph, how would the people with the gamecube controllers play redsteel or metroid prime 3?

actually, that prob wouldn't be that hard... if it was programmed for the gc controller. i mean think about it.... you could play metroid prime 1 and 2 on the gc couldnt you? wouldn't be much different from that.

but, i still think 4 is enough and 6 for one tv MIGHT be a bit too much... but it would make for some fun parties if it was possible.

I was reading through the livemove documentation and that states that you can program 8 Wii-motes at once with movement, so it may be possible to get 8 Wii-motes connected at once from what this is saying, maybe madden 08 will have 8 players or super smash bros brawl 2.

Erm, I think it's already been announced that the Wii can connect wirelessly with other Wii's making a wireless LAN party. Although I think you'll need two TV's, but who hasn't got at least 2 TV's nowadays? (In the whole house)?

wikipedia said:
Wii also can communicate and connect with other Wii systems by wireless LAN, enabling local wireless multiplayer on different television sets.
Source

Would this mean that 8 Wiimotes can be used in the same room without interferance on the channels? If so, does this mean a potential 4-player drumming battle could ensue? That would be mad!

Back