Is it Possible to Use the Wii as GC w/out Wiimote?

Vanquish23

Supahstar
May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Wii Online Code
8617-4848-0755-6983
My question is, is it possible to hook up, connect, and turn on the Wii withOUT the sensor bar and Wiimote, and having just a GC game and a GC controller plugged in, to jump straight to the GC menu of the GC game?

Or is the Wiimote absolutely necessary in order to 'point-and-click' Start on the Wii Menu (which would be quite annoying).

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. Thanks a bunch.

Ya, I'm pretty sure you need the Wiimote. :sick: I haven't tried it, but someone else on here said you can choose it with the classic controller. If so you would be able to do it without the sensor bar, but you would still need the Wiimote and a classic controller.

that's actually an interesting question.

ive left the classic controller in my wiimote and navigated around using that so whos to really say the game cube controler won't do the same

give it a shot and if it doesn't work then you know what you must buy

Jilly...mods should know this stuff. LMFAO

the GC is hardware emulation. It's a gamecube shoved in a wii case when you turn on a GC game. It is SO backwards compatible, that you run into this.

LOL, you really can't just take 5 extra seconds and use the mote?

Brawny said:
Jilly...mods should know this stuff. LMFAO

the GC is hardware emulation. It's a gamecube shoved in a wii case when you turn on a GC game. It is SO backwards compatible, that you run into this.

LOL, you really can't just take 5 extra seconds and use the mote?

really? honestly i never thought it couldn't work. seemed like an interesting attempt.

welp looks like you're stuck with wiimotes

Back