Is it really worth buying the component/scart cable?

rtr1900

Wii or not to Wii
Nov 30, 2006
Spain
Wii Online Code
3085-1225-3534-6165
Hi,

The wii came with a component cable which is further conected to a scart-cable (euro-cable).
So I see that there are component-cables/Scart-cables for sale for 30€.
Is it really worth it buying them? Do you really see the difference?
I have a normel CTR TV, nothing TFT or PLASMA stuff!

Thx
Johny

The Wii does not come with a component cable but with a composite cable and a SCART adaptor.
Component cables are used to get 480p in HDTV and are absolutely worth it. Absolutely no reason to get that for a regular TV.
On the other hand RGB SCART cable is supposed to be better quality than composite because it splits the color signals (which is also done by component). This is not possible using composite with SCART adaptor.
So for a CRT regular TV the question would be if the RGB SCART cable is worth it over the composite cable included. I wouldn't know that but if anyone knows please tell, I'm curious to know :smilewinkgrin:

After much research which I conducted for myself I would say that the rgb scart is worth it, mainly for games like zelda. However If you do not notice a lack of quality and are happy as it is then leave it.

You cannot get 480p with rgb scart however you will get a superior 480i picture.

Last edited:
obidose said:
You cannot get 480p with rgb scart however you will get a superior 480i picture.

Good to know. I knew that 480p is not possible with RGB SCART I but was wondering how will RGB SCART improve 480i over composite.

Thx you all.
I better use the 30€ for a game or so.....

Back