Is Megaman ready to Brawl?

Mingus said:
Is it possible that Nintendo doesn't want Mega-Man in Super Smash Bros? Has no one noticed but me? Arm Cannon, Power Suit, Special Abilities and Upgrades? Is this ringing a bell? Maybe if I put it this way, blonde, tall, and thin.

Samus was released by Nintendo in 1986 in the game Metroid. A year later in the game MegaMan, 1987, MegaMan was introduced. Seems like a total steal to me. If I were Nintendo I'd be slightly offended by that. I don't think I'd be putting him in any of my future games.

It might be that Nintendo just isn't interested.

Now instead, what if Bomberman made an appearance in the game?
I agree 100% with you
Who made Bomberman
Sora should be on brawl because Square was the most helpful to Nintendo in the past years.
But Namco have helped Nintendo with Nintendo's Mario Kart Arcades
I'm not supporting Megaman at all but I think that Sega said that they were not contacted by Nintendo about Sonic being on Brawl

Last edited:
Mingus said:
Is it possible that Nintendo doesn't want Mega-Man in Super Smash Bros? Has no one noticed but me? Arm Cannon, Power Suit, Special Abilities and Upgrades? Is this ringing a bell? Maybe if I put it this way, blonde, tall, and thin.

Samus was released by Nintendo in 1986 in the game Metroid. A year later in the game MegaMan, 1987, MegaMan was introduced. Seems like a total steal to me. If I were Nintendo I'd be slightly offended by that. I don't think I'd be putting him in any of my future games.

It might be that Nintendo just isn't interested.

Now instead, what if Bomberman made an appearance in the game?
Ive been saying that the whole time....Bomberman from 64 needs to make an appearance...not the ones Bombermans from the other crappy games!

Who made Bomberman
HUDSON

CyanRussel said:
Ive been saying that the whole time....Bomberman from 64 needs to make an appearance...not the ones Bombermans from the other crappy games!

Exactly, that game was so much fun. Obviously B would be lay a bomb. I never really played through the game so I can't think of any real moves. I always played multiplayer.

Last edited:
Mingus said:
Exactly, that game was so much fun. Obviously B would be lay a bomb. I never really played through the game so I can't think of any real moves. I always played multiplayer.
Kick the bomb with b....pick up the bomb and blow it into a big bomb b and a.........

I can think of moves...but it will be hard to put it in for the character.....The Adventure was awesome....and battle mode was genius!!

I just think Bomberman would be boring
Any other third party characters that could make the chop

Mingus said:
Not really. Because megaman is different.

First off he's a man, samus is a woman.
One wears a power suit.
One is a robot/cyborg im not completely sure.

One absorbs powers from villains.
One gets them from Chozo (i think, i forget)

One has arm cannon, and so does a bunch of other robots

One gets special abilities and upgrades.
oh wait so does mario and link! Doi and so does ff7 characterse and metal gear solid because the items! oh wait wait dont forget sora, because he also gets special abilities AND upgrades as well! man.

Last edited:
balrogs.pa said:
Not really. Because megaman is different.

First off he's a man, samus is a woman.
One wears a power suit.
One is a robot/cyborg im not completely sure.

One absorbs powers from villains.
One gets them from Chozo (i think, i forget)

One has arm cannon, and so does a bunch of other robots

One gets special abilities and upgrades.
oh wait so does mario and link! Doi and so does ff7 characterse and metal gear solid because the items! oh wait wait dont forget sora, because he also gets special abilities AND upgrades as well! man.

Man/Women. Obviously Capcom isn't going to steal that part. That really doesn't make them any different.

They both where very similar looking power suits. Although I believe MegaMan was an experiment.

They both get them from Villians. Samus mainly aquires her abilities after defeating bosses.

As far as achieving new abilities, well think about how they get them. They upgrade their suit as they go along. They really are the same thing. It's not even deniable. The Arm Cannon steal was the worst of it really. Samus Aran is truely original. MegaMan was stolen from the idea of Samus. Sadly, I grew up with MegaMan rather than Samus.

Well your thinking of megaman X. mm doesnt get an upgrade for his suit. And now? their suits aren't that similar. look at the newest pics of em now. and yeah i think mm was. . . and in prime 3 i remember getting the missle upgrade from a room not from a boss o.o, then again i forgot almost everything in it.
lul, i found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuILNRJq6RQ&feature=related

Last edited:
Other 3 party characters in brawl might be Pac-man, Rayman, Bomberman, Captain Olimar, Is Captain olimar even a third party, I only remember him on nintendo systems. Any other third partys that could be in?

Well if mega man doesn't make it it's a loss, he had some potential for greatness on Brawl if done properly.

And Sorabrawl I notice every time someone mentions another 3rd party candidate other than your precious Sora you are quick to take offense and bash that character, trying to debunk any theory as to why they deserve to be in the game. It really shows your maturity here...

"one word
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! !!!!
that's great news" expressing joy when they say he's most likely not gonna make it? I guarantee you've played and enjoyed at least one Mega man game in your lifetime. And to spite me your probably gonna lie and say no but i'm sure you have.

Then when someone mentions Bomberman. A character we haven;t seen in some time. You're response is:

"I just think Bomberman would be boring
Any other third party characters that could make the chop"

Well Ice climbers went pretty well, they were from a platformer why the sudden distaste for characters from non combative games?

oh wait..I know why... "Any other third party characters that could make the chop"...you couldn't be referring to *gasp* Sora could you?

Your so close minded about sora being in the game that you attack ay other potential 3rd party candidate whilst either directly or indirectly making references as to how sora needs to be in before they do.

Sorry kid, it's not going to happen. Best wait for sony's Smash Bros. Knock-off (which we all know is coming since they try and steal anything that makes nintendo any success: motion control, rumble feature, I bet Smash Bros. will be next on their list)

ooh i got a name with only sony games cooper (as in sly cooper), Crash (as in crash bandicoot) , sisters (copy), ball (the thing sony curls up into when nintendo beats em' in the console wars) (cooper crash sisters ball)

Extra Life Mushroom said:
Well if mega man doesn't make it it's a loss, he had some potential for greatness on Brawl if done properly.

And Sorabrawl I notice every time someone mentions another 3rd party candidate other than your precious Sora you are quick to take offense and bash that character, trying to debunk any theory as to why they deserve to be in the game. It really shows your maturity here...

"one word
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! !!!!
that's great news" expressing joy when they say he's most likely not gonna make it? I guarantee you've played and enjoyed at least one Mega man game in your lifetime. And to spite me your probably gonna lie and say no but i'm sure you have.

Then when someone mentions Bomberman. A character we haven;t seen in some time. You're response is:

"I just think Bomberman would be boring
Any other third party characters that could make the chop"

Well Ice climbers went pretty well, they were from a platformer why the sudden distaste for characters from non combative games?

oh wait..I know why... "Any other third party characters that could make the chop"...you couldn't be referring to *gasp* Sora could you?

Your so close minded about sora being in the game that you attack ay other potential 3rd party candidate whilst either directly or indirectly making references as to how sora needs to be in before they do.

Sorry kid, it's not going to happen. Best wait for sony's Smash Bros. Knock-off (which we all know is coming since they try and steal anything that makes nintendo any success: motion control, rumble feature, I bet Smash Bros. will be next on their list)
sorry i was a bit out of order i just think the retro characters aren't that good. I think Rayman might make it because it sold very well and it's one of the wii's top selling games. I have played Megaman before and it was OK but his moveset is too similar to Samus'. Nintendo could put better third party characters into brawl. To be honest I don't think Sora stands a chance to be on brawl either. And was Mr Game and Watch really (a retro character) that good?

Back