Is my usb device compatible?

The wii has wifi capability on its own, you don't need a wireless card.
Even so I don't belive it would work.

I was just browsing e-bay and saw a small usb ap that the seller says works and mine is virtually the same.also i think you are misunderstanding.wii has wifi capability but needs wireless access to the network.

I did misunderstand, I didn't read the product description. It might work but that site says its $129. You can get the official nintendo brand wifi usb for about $40.
That can share internet to the wii wirelessly.

i have 2 of these sticks already.sometimes it finds the access point.but connection test fails.i think i may need some setup help.like ssid and wep key crap.thanx d00d

maybe set the IP where your USBs are connected to outside your routers DMZ.. worth a shot

u mean like the 192.168 addy?

EDIT: getting closer!! it sees the access point but connection test fails.im trying peer to peer mode and access point.would love to get this online with out spending any more money!!!!!!1

EDIT: no more help or advise? are we all done here?
wtf?somebody gotta know something.in the mean time here is a tip for you all.www.wiimodchip.co.uk

Wirenut said:
also i am think of just dropping a wire out of router to wii,any ideah of how to cvonnect rj45 to the wii?

Nintendo will be releasing a dongle you can attach to the Wii's usb ports that will allow a wired connection sometime in first quarter of 2007. It will cost $30 I believe.

NO, JUST BY A NINTENDO WI-FI USB CONNECTOR. i have one. and if you go to wii.nintendi.com, you can look at the insruction book and setup. ps. I GOT MY WII!

cake said:
NO, JUST BY A NINTENDO WI-FI USB CONNECTOR. i have one. and if you go to wii.nintendi.com, you can look at the insruction book and setup. ps. I GOT MY WII!

wii.nintendi.com takes you to some shite site. Why are you yelling anyways? Are you just incompetent?

I think he probably meant wii.nintendo.com . He probably missed the button, they are right next to each other.

Wirenut said:
hmmm how do i get the actual wep key?it is stared out like a password.

Go to your router settings. The same place you type in your wep phrase, it should have generated multiple keys. Use the one that is selected.

Back