Is RARE even around anymore?

LeWaffles

CUSTOM
Jul 25, 2007
Around Chicago
They made one perfect dark game for the 360 and that was the last i heard from them. What a dumb move, boy i miss the old DK games... and perfect dark and bond. Just think if RARE was still with nintendo we wouldn't have to deal with these stupid dk spinoffs. Don't they realize no one buys these games? Yeah i miss the platformers though...

Rare had an argument with Nintendo a while back which is why the new Banjo game is for the 360 and not the Wii.
It's also why no new Donkey Kong Country or other DK games have been released that were actual platformers.

Also, the reason they're microsoft exclusive is because the owners sold a 51% share to Microsoft. This means that they have a controlling part, and nothing would get published on a Nintendo console anyway, so Nintendo sold their shares in Rare.

Also, they remade conkers bad fur day (I think they renamed it Live and reloaded or something like that). Never played it. CBFD was just so awesome. Don't think it had the same success with the xbox though.

You may think they have been dead however they have been working on new projects and franchises such as Viva Pinatina and the off spin 'party animals'.

The new Banjo Kazooie is also in development for the 360, a game which some may argue would fit better with the Wiis audience.

oh that's right Viva Pinata, conkers bad fur day some subtitle and banjo. That's pretty bad though. Althought the nintendo CBFD WAS really funny, i still play it! Yeah those sound more like wii games.

On another note, Nintendo can still make platformer games with DK, Rare couldn't copyright that right?

Mr. Happy is sad he only got Donkey Kong Country with him and Goldeneye for the N64 in the shed.
Mr. Happy misses RARE.
dsc00446wm9.jpg

Insert Sad Face There^^^

Wii-Fi said:
oh that's right Viva Pinata, conkers bad fur day some subtitle and banjo. That's pretty bad though. Althought the nintendo CBFD WAS really funny, i still play it! Yeah those sound more like wii games.

On another note, Nintendo can still make platformer games with DK, Rare couldn't copyright that right?

The Donkey Kong franchise belongs to Nintendo but the brand of the country games lay with Rare I believe.

I think Nintendo could make a Donkey Kong platformer just as long as it wasn't 'Country'.

Rare could still make a DK game, it would just have to be on the DS. (Microsoft freely lets Rare work on the DS, because it's not a direct competitor to the 360.)

I miss Donkey Kong 64

Boy it would be great to make another game like it.

konomaroh said:
wii needs a competition fps, like no story just random games of killing, i think we need shadowrun or unreal tournament

FPS games with no story and just killing bomb. Even on 360 they bomb. Because the top shooters have great single player stories. While shooters with no story or shitty story bombs. By bombing i dont mean sales, because its still possible to sell alot even if the game sucks with good advertisment.

A good example is Time Shift which looked pretty and had a mildy fun gameplay. But thats all it was. Just a shooter with no good story and an okay gameplay system. I hear the Multiplayer is intesting at most but thats it.

If Valve developed a game for Wii, then that would be able to compete with other FPS because they make great FPS games.

konomaroh said:
wii needs a competition fps, like no story just random games of killing, i think we need shadowrun or unreal tournament

timesplitters 4? is that what you said?

RadNad said:
Mr. Happy is sad he only got Donkey Kong Country with him and Goldeneye for the N64 in the shed.
Mr. Happy misses RARE.
dsc00446wm9.jpg

Insert Sad Face There^^^

Omg mr happy!!! i remember those books!

Back