Is RARE even around anymore?

Yes, RARE is still around (as mentioned above). I remember games like Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64. Although I couldn't play it back then, I knew it would be fun. Not sure how Conker did on the XBox though.

WE dont need Rare.

Memories are fine.

They made some sweet games for the n64 like jet force gemini and Diddy Kong Racing (which got re-released on the DS by RARE) but we are doing fine w/o them.

They were always about delaying there games anyway which annoyed me. lol.

T3kNi9e said:
FPS games with no story and just killing bomb. Even on 360 they bomb. Because the top shooters have great single player stories. While shooters with no story or shitty story bombs. By bombing i dont mean sales, because its still possible to sell alot even if the game sucks with good advertisment.

A good example is Time Shift which looked pretty and had a mildy fun gameplay. But thats all it was. Just a shooter with no good story and an okay gameplay system. I hear the Multiplayer is intesting at most but thats it.

If Valve developed a game for Wii, then that would be able to compete with other FPS because they make great FPS games.

*Points at Halo*

Not true. Alot of people like Halo's story. I personally think its decent at best. None of them compare to Halo: Combat Evolved.

I just want a new Killer Instinct despite the system. Playing it via Live would be cool but so would being able to use the VC controller and using things like the Wii Weather channel for in game weather effects:yesnod:

RadNad said:
Mr. Happy is sad he only got Donkey Kong Country with him and Goldeneye for the N64 in the shed.
Mr. Happy misses RARE.
dsc00446wm9.jpg

Insert Sad Face There^^^

WTF? Why is that cartridge huge??

Anyways, I miss the way RARE used to make me laugh, cry, concentrate and yell. Donkey Kong Wii FTW.

so why don't they release a dk country ds, some kind of dk platformer. I'm sick of seeing dk on a plane or a barrel or playing bongos. What does nintendo do? Successful platformer then transform it into planes and playing bongos. That's not really the same thing...

From what I recall, the aussie cartridge is half the size, lol.

DK belongs to Nintendo... RARE was just allowed to make the game, it still belonged to Nintendo.

i am still confused as to weather or not games that rare made for the nintendo before it was sold to microsoft (goldeneye, diddy kong racing etc.) can still be made and sold as a VC on the wii...

^^ Nope, Nintendo have to go through a ton of contracts and stuff before they have access to a RARE game (aka Banjo effing Kazooie!).

What a delightful pun LIK.

that doesnt make much sence to me. if the game has already been bought and sold by nintendo, then why cant the exact same game be sold, only in virtual form?

Back