Is RARE even around anymore?

Wii-Fi said:
They made one perfect dark game for the 360 and that was the last i heard from them. What a dumb move, boy i miss the old DK games... and perfect dark and bond. Just think if RARE was still with nintendo we wouldn't have to deal with these stupid dk spinoffs. Don't they realize no one buys these games? Yeah i miss the platformers though...
They are still around but they are not nearly on the high scale that they used to be on. They are a struggling developer that is clinging to Microsoft's shirt tail.

Yeah, i recently heard about Nintendo selling Rare to Microsoft.

It was a huge mistake, i hate the Xbox360 and Xbox.
Now,i just play Conker for the N64,seeing as its a good game..So much for getting to play the sequel that i hope they make.

Conker live and reloaded SUCKED.Just by the youtube vids iv'e seen.

I heard that anything good from Rare was only good because SHigeru Miyamoto used to have a hand in developing the games. I'd say Rare and Nintendo had a fallout when Conker's Bad Fur Day was made. Everything went down-hill from there. BTW the 360 version of Conker's is identical to the 64 version with nicer graphics... AND last I heard Perfect Dark Zero was a flop?

Why so much hate for 360? I notice when some Wii players do decide to buy another console they say PS3, when PS3 is the worst system right now and not cuz of price.

So what makes people hate the 360?

Btw, Perfect Dark Zero didn't actually flop. When it was first released it did real good, it got good reviews etc. etc. But better games came out and people moved on.

T3kNi9e said:
Why so much hate for 360? I notice when some Wii players do decide to buy another console they say PS3, when PS3 is the worst system right now and not cuz of price.
There's actually very few people that go for PS3 over the 360 (especially Wii owners). There's more in the Wii60 brigade, than the PSWii.

Saying that, I wouldn't mind getting a 360 at some point. No rush though, atm.

so why don't they release a dk country ds, some kind of dk platformer. I'm sick of seeing dk on a plane or a barrel or playing bongos. What does nintendo do? Successful platformer then transform it into planes and playing bongos. That's not really the same thing...
Nintendo is one making Dk look like a fool on thos planes/barrel....or that stupid ass bongo....uhhhh, it just kills me..

I wonder if Rare is allowed to make a DK game on 360, or if Nintendo has full rights to it and they're not allowed to.
Rare cannot make a DK game on the 360.....because Nintendo owns the Donkey Kong series.....Rare can only make portable games for nintendo....other than that, Rare cant do anything else for Nintendo....THERE LOYALTY NOW IS WITH MICROSOFT:sick: *Nintendo has full rights...and would never allow microsoft to have any rights to any of its mascots!*

^me too, i'm sick of these dk gimmicks but it seems like nintendo forgot about dk country, the last time they worked on anything close to that was dk country on gb advanced. I'm all for a dk platformer on the ds that would work pretty well. Of course nintendo will do something with the touch pad and over do it or make dk do someother gimmick with touch pads. :sick:

They should make one simaler to DK64. I loved that game. My brother just got Diddy Kong Racing ds. And dont worry, rare still develops for Nintendo handhelds. Its the 360 that will get conker and Banjo Threeie.

elmo_999 said:
They should make one simaler to DK64. I loved that game. My brother just got Diddy Kong Racing ds. And dont worry, rare still develops for Nintendo handhelds. Its the 360 that will get conker and Banjo Threeie.
Thats what i meant by making one similar to the Mario series....Rare's Dk64 games Banjo Tooie/Kazzoie or whatever were similar to Mario64.....

Even if 360 gets Rare games....they are turning up dry just like Pefect Dark Zero and Conker Bad Fur Day:[STRIKE]Reloaded[/STRIKE] "Give me a Break....RELOADED...Same game better graphics over a system that came out 5 years before it....BIG MOVE ON IN THE GAMING WORLD MICROSOFT AND RARE"

Banjo Threeie....we have yet to see what happens to that game, thats probally the only reason why i want a 360...just to play that, i still have the two other incarnations of the series...might as well play the other new on a different system even though id hate to do that!

*Sorry for the way i responded....im just mad at the fact the nintendo had to sell Rare*

Yeah, about Banjo-Threeie...

I won't get to play that game for a while, due to it being on the Xbox 360.
Along with some of the actually GOOD Dk games...
Come on, no one wants to beat on bongos for a Dk game....
Meh, i liked Dk 64, just hate the Red thing for the console...

Dk isn't even the Mario Partys, if that, he can't be played.
The best game hes been in yet, since Rare has been sold...Was SSBM...
They even underestimate him in that, i was looking towards seeing a Rare character in SSBB..But that isn't going to happen... Banjo would of been a great add-on...

Anyways, im just overwelmed with the fact that Nintendo doesn't work with Rare anymore.:yikes:

Back