Is the News or Web Browser up yet?

Ozweego

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2006
I havent played my Wii in awhile and was wondering if there were any new updates for the News channel or Web browser?

Web Browser is UP - Get it Free from the Wii Shop Channel

News isn't yet

You will have a WiiMail from them.

And there's no point in having a Wii you don't play. You Depriving people who WANT to play this console :)

ah, so that explains why i keep receiving the message "you must perform a wii system update to use this channel. You cannot use this channel until service begins"

that makse sense now.....i was actually going to make a thread on why i was unable to access the news channel even though i am up to date on all my software

that has now solved and answered my question!!!!!!! yay! approximately when will it be set up? any ideas? ballpark?

you said not to quote you, so i hit quick reply instead LMAO!

guestimates are always welcome. not like im in a rush to watch the news on my wii when i have a TV with direct tv hahaha :D

ETA: just curious to see what it looks like

Gaz said:
haha nice one, i think it will be wii/nintendo news rather than actuall news.

i figured that much.....it would have to be international news unless they somehow limit/vary from country and state? kinda like what they do for tv stations now with "local news" but that would be a bit far fetched.

i assume youre right with nintendo news. keeping everyone up to date on updates, game additions, ect? its gotta be interesting to say the least :)

Ya, I doubt we're gonne be able to look up the details on "Hussein's Execution" on our Wii. :lol:

ssbb_lover said:
Ya, I doubt we're gonne be able to look up the details on "Hussein's Execution" on our Wii. :lol:

LMAO! aw shucks! better luck next year! :D

you mean you havent seen it yet!?! dang! www.break.com search it and vola! quality sucks though, looks like it was done with a camera phone. but who cares, hes dead anyways! :thumbsup:

All the previews of the News Channel that they've shown have been actual news, not just Nintendo news.

really?? thats awesome! where did you find that info? link me

Skippy said:
Direct from Nintendo:
http://us.wii.com/viewer_channel.jsp?vid=2
"You can access the most up-to-date breaking news from around the world, organized into a variety of topical categories using this channel."

wow im impressed! but ya know, i wonder how cool it "REALLY is" ya know? well we'll see for now i still have the ooooo and ahhhhh factoring in lol

ETA: spelling nazi!!!:nono: :D

Back