Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is the News or Web Browser up yet?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by Ozweego, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Ozweego

Ozweego WiiChat Member

I havent played my Wii in awhile and was wondering if there were any new updates for the News channel or Web browser?

2. Wii_Smurf

Wii_Smurf No.1 Smurf

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Web Browser is UP - Get it Free from the Wii Shop Channel

News isn't yet

You will have a WiiMail from them.

And there's no point in having a Wii you don't play. You Depriving people who WANT to play this console :)

3. ah, so that explains why i keep receiving the message "you must perform a wii system update to use this channel. You cannot use this channel until service begins"

that makse sense now.....i was actually going to make a thread on why i was unable to access the news channel even though i am up to date on all my software

that has now solved and answered my question!!!!!!! yay! approximately when will it be set up? any ideas? ballpark?

4. Gaz

Gaz Poker Face :D

Wii Friend Code: 2042-8451-0487-7303
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    i heard something about the 27th, but dont quote me on it.

5. you said not to quote you, so i hit quick reply instead LMAO!

guestimates are always welcome. not like im in a rush to watch the news on my wii when i have a TV with direct tv hahaha :D

ETA: just curious to see what it looks like

6. Gaz

Gaz Poker Face :D

Wii Friend Code: 2042-8451-0487-7303
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    haha nice one, i think it will be wii/nintendo news rather than actuall news.

7. i figured that much.....it would have to be international news unless they somehow limit/vary from country and state? kinda like what they do for tv stations now with "local news" but that would be a bit far fetched.

i assume youre right with nintendo news. keeping everyone up to date on updates, game additions, ect? its gotta be interesting to say the least :)

8. ssbb_lover

ssbb_lover Novocain Stain'd

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Ya, I doubt we're gonne be able to look up the details on "Hussein's Execution" on our Wii. :lol:

9. LMAO! aw shucks! better luck next year! :D

10. ssbb_lover

ssbb_lover Novocain Stain'd

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    :lol: I suppose so. :rolleyes: And I really wanted to watch that to. :smilewinkgrin:

11. you mean you havent seen it yet!?! dang! www.break.com search it and vola! quality sucks though, looks like it was done with a camera phone. but who cares, hes dead anyways! :thumbsup:

12. Skippy

Skippy WiiChat Member

All the previews of the News Channel that they've shown have been actual news, not just Nintendo news.

13. really?? thats awesome! where did you find that info? link me

14. Skippy

Skippy WiiChat Member

Direct from Nintendo:
    http://us.wii.com/viewer_channel.jsp?vid=2
    "You can access the most up-to-date breaking news from around the world, organized into a variety of topical categories using this channel."

15. wow im impressed! but ya know, i wonder how cool it "REALLY is" ya know? well we'll see for now i still have the ooooo and ahhhhh factoring in lol

ETA: spelling nazi!!!:nono: :D

16. r00ntje

r00ntje WiiChat Member

Thinking it would be 'nintendo news' only is not very well-thought. Since the weatherchannel doesnt offer 'nintendo weather', but some 3rd party broadcasting it on the Wii. Hence the newschannel will be (probably) broadcast by another 3rd party (CNN, whatever). This is probably done in the same matter as websites broadcast RSS feeds.

Can't Wait

17. ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms

Wii Friend Code: 8263-8201-5467-9061
    8263-8201-5467-9061
    Any news on upcoming channels?-

18. is anyone else finding their weather to be a bit innacurate? for some reason where i am located in NY, it says as of 7AM on that specific day, its like 60-someodd degrees and sunny when infact here in NY it hasnt been above 53 or so and its night time where its about 30 something degrees and not sunny??:wtf:

also, when does the "free trial" expire on the internet server here? and whats the guestimate on price? i assume youre kinda stuck buying with through wii points so you can down load the games on the virtual consul........

19. nintendowiigaming.piczo

Wii Friend Code: 6319-9882-8659-0638
    6319-9882-8659-0638
    OMG i'm sorry but your kindah perv! Your amazed that someone have'nt seen it??I have not wathced it won't eighteer.
    (sorry about that) But i'm not mad at yah or anything. Just wanned to say this :p

well i hope that it won't be only normal news cause then it's better to go to the internett channell. But nintendo news will be easyer to find there(news channel).

20. haha, perverted-ness has nothing to do with justification and proper death sentencing :thumbsup:

you think thats the worst ive seen? oh boy! ill tell you another day and you can deff be shocked and appauled.....comes with the job!:yikes:

no hard feelings taken :)

i agree with you on the normal news thing....thats why i asked if it was going to be localized? dont know how exactly they will set it up. welp, i guess only time will tell.