Is the Wii a Gigantic Live Arcade?

didibus

WiiChat Member
Sep 9, 2006
I love nintendo, I had all of their systems. The Wii looks really cool, I've played Zelda and Wii Sports, the remote works very well. I will indeed buy the Wii, I can't resist Zelda, but I was wondering if I'd be buying this only for Zelda?

When I look at the Wii and everything that's coming out, it really seems like every game except the bigN games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Smash, etc.) are crap that feels like Xbox Live Arcade games. Half of the Wii games are mini games. Come on now, how many Mario Party like games a my gonna buy?

Red Steel, CoD3, FarCry, don't fool ourselves, I've played Gears, I've tried Lost Planet, I saw Resistance. I just know these games won't be as good. I'm not bashing the Wii, I know the remote can rock FPS, but where are those FPS? Where's the new Time Splitter, the Halo like killer, the Killzone equivalent. Are the good FPS makers going to invest in the Wii when they can make crazy stuff on PS3 and 360? Rare isn't there anymore, who will be making Goldenwii?

What about RPGs ???!!?!!??? And I won't settle for little brothers like Crystal Chronicles. Even the 360 has better RPGs coming up... That's just how bad it is :(

PLEASE!! Someone tell me that my game collection won't resume itself to: Mario, Smash, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, more Mario, a new Zelda, another Smash and I hope we'll see a good StarFox...
-----> Pokemon is not the correct answer BTW.

Anyone?

I don't think that Nintendo has released the dev kit for the Wiimote yet for third party developers. Though I might be wrong.

But give it a little time. By the end of the year, there will be games beyond count...

Or so I think.

good lord. the system just dropped and people are complaining about game selection and the future? get a life and enjoy what you have now. shortly more and better titles will be dropping. Personally I am really enjoying Wii sports. I wonder if they have any other sport games hidden in the game.

didibus said:
What about RPGs ???!!?!!??? And I won't settle for little brothers like Crystal Chronicles. Even the 360 has better RPGs coming up... That's just how bad it is :(
There are alot of Wii games currently being developed, but alot of them have yet too be revealed. Take the RPG genre for example. There number of rpg's on GS's list is 4, but there are over 10 in develpment. You won't settle for CC? Sure the first one could have been better, but they have replaced the awful GBA multiplayer with wifi, and you should read this.

On the future of FF

I think Final Fantasy can exist in two forms. The childish style and the realistic style. The main series is following the realistic route. With FFCC series we want to ensure that the chibi style stays popular and so have given it it's own series. FFIX was my first title to make and I liked my characters. I played Zelda: The Wind Waker and it reminded me of my work. It was when I played Dragon Quest VIII that I realised I couldn't let the chibi-look die. The game reminded me so much of FFIX that I almost cried playing it. This game has sold 3.5 million in Japan; much more than the realistic FF titles. This showed me that there was demand for this chibi Character Design. I was intending to just be Character Design of the Wii game but I want to be in charge of it. Thankfully Mr. Kawazu has said I can direct it.

Enter the FFIX team

We will be making many changes with the Wii game but I can not say what they are. When Akitoshi Kawazu took over FFXII as poducer many of the members of the FFIX team asked to be tranfered unto the FFCC Wii project as they have a strong passion for the chibi style. Kawazu gave the green light. Most have just finished working on FFXII. Others are working on FFIII DS but still wish to work on this game too. As a result the team consists of both half of the original FFCC team (other half working on the DS game) and around 60% of the original FFIX team. We initially had a plan for the game but the FFIX team have brought in so many more ideas that we have to think again about the game. With this Wii game I want people to not only see that the old FF style is not dead but that it is back and now incredibly innovative. It may even sell more than FFXIII! [Laughs]
FFIX is my favourite game so i'm pretty excited :)

BTW: Even the 360 has better rpg's coming up? When the list of upcoming 360 titles include games like Lost Oddysey,Blue Dragon,Mass Effect,Eternal Sonata,Two Worlds etc. It even makes the PS3's list look bad so i don't see how that's a valid statement.

Back