Is The Wii More Than A Successful Fad?

Gah! I dont see why you people have to argue over this, its really REALLY annoying. You know the saying...retards...

T3kNi9e said:
I like how you seem to be some kind of all knowing god. Everything you said is speculation and nothing thats fact, just crap that you think.

Halo 3 still sells... if you go to Halo 3 Xbox forums you still see people talk about buying it everyday.

I still play Mass Effect... I don't find my games boring... Hell there's still people playing old Xbox games, this can be seen on Major Nelson's website where he shows the top 10 original Xbox games being played or by just going to websites and see how many people are still talking about old games and playing them...

Your little theory about Bionic Commando is also stupid... You act like Xbox players are all about graphics and no gameplay... If people used that logic than all Xbox games would sell. The average Xbox owner is atleast in his/her 20s so therefore their is a good chance they played the original Bionic Commando. But even if they didn't who cares?

You whole "theory"(because thats what it is) is completely stupid. Thats like me saying Wii is a fad because people play it for 2 hours and it collects dust. That would be my idiotic theory thats untrue.

LOL yes it's all theories but I noticed how every one was excited on various site then people sort of just started acting like who cares about this game when is metal gear or Gt coming out or fill in the game of your choice here. Don't get mad though. I saw this happening over at Kotaku and joystick and even Ng4. Hey I know that doesn't speak for all players but thats a big chunk.

It's just what I'm seeing guy. Thanks for dropping nelson in here I don't go there much and i really don't go to the xbox boards. I'm just watching as the system goes through stalls. It's a very strong system and the line up is great but it's good games have a nintendo effect on every thing else it seems. Hey these are just theories but lots of games should have sold better than they did. Are gamers simply broke? I mean we got a load of games last year and lots of hardcore players have 11 games regardless of the platform... yet it seems these people have really wide ranges of tastes. You have shooter fans and racers and what not yet the tastes are not really over lapping for some reason. What number did mass effect do or AC?

You can say what you want about what ever. It doesn't bother me i'll just talk about it. I think I will be going to some xbox boards to see what going on with these guys. I really wonder what are the halo/COD players looking forward to playing next?

Dorkfish said:
Gah! I dont see why you people have to argue over this, its really REALLY annoying. You know the saying...retards...

It's some thing to talk about? Hey have you seen the new speed racer screens...LOL crazy crazy stuff. Any word on when ninja gaiden DS is coming out? Tecmo is helping with fatal frame too I wonder if team ninja has a gaiden game for the Wii on their list?

A month ago, I was debating in the past whether to get a ps3 or wii. I was leaning more on the ps3 (since I owned a ps1 and still own a ps2). At first I thought graphics were everything. I even tried out my cousin's ps3 and played assassins creed for a few hours. So I decided to get ps3 since it was a big improvement compared to the ps2.

But then I went to my grandfather's house and was suprised he had a wii. (Can you believe he actually bought one for himself?!) I was wondering what the big deal was but when I actually played the thing, I was hooked.(who knew swinging and slashing around the room would be so fun?)
But what finally won me over was when my mom (who doesnt play any kind of game, except tetris:lol: ) played wii sports with me and didnt even wanna stop after hours of playing. She even played RE:4. Which of course, I was dying from laughter watching her screaming and shooting at the same time.

So all I'm trying to say is that a wii may or may not be a fad (only time will tell), but it will never be a fad in our home because of how much hours of fun in gives me and everyone in our house. (whether we play alone or with someone else).

Btw, I'd rather have a few awesome games on the wii rather than a wide selection of 3rd party games that mostly suck.

Just wanted to share my experience with the wii and I dont want to involve myself in the debate. And I might buy a ps3 in the future so Im no hater. I just love to play.

WiitnessID said:
It's some thing to talk about? Hey have you seen the new speed racer screens...LOL crazy crazy stuff. Any word on when ninja gaiden DS is coming out? Tecmo is helping with fatal frame too I wonder if team ninja has a gaiden game for the Wii on their list?

That was just stupid, flat out. Arguing for 3 pages straight about whether something is a fad or not, ridiculous. All you guys have been doing is saying the same thing in each of you posts with a few words changed around. GET OVER IT, all your doing is attempting to change someones opinion OVER THE INTERNET, and its not working. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just because they dont share yours doesn't mean your better than them or they're better than you.

I have an erection, go away.

Back