Is there a way to increase wifi usb connector?

jason416

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2008
Wii Online Code
8204-3159-3293-3808
Is there?

My wifi usb connector keep Dcing and its really slow and i have to keep deny and accept over and over to get it work.
IS there a way to increase the speed?

second question

Does my wii overheat if i live standby on ?
because if i put my stand by on, the power button becoems yellow instead of red
and i heard if its yellow, the wii is still running and the fan doesnt run ><

Last edited:
there is a way, an extender like idjut mentioned, what I did was i put my wii right on the side of my computer desk so the usb and wii are only 2 inches away

yep you are too far away get it close to the computer by using the extention cable they sent you if that doesn't work your going to need a longer usb extention cable... if its really far away it might end up being cheeper to take the Wifi USB dongle back and getting a better wireless setup like a router or acess point

^^^ true, usb adapter plus purchase of a cable could exceed the price of an AP :wink:

idjut said:
get a usb extension cable and raise the usb adapter higher in the air...:yesnod:
I just lifted it up XD and the connection is green
Thanks

ok.. but it may be reading the sig strength from the wii... the strength from the USB adapter TO the Wii could be the issue... no way to see a visual on that strength, though. :wink:

and if your looking for better speed in the first place you probably want to go that route anyways...

the wifi USB dongle is the cheepest simplest way to connect "Nintendo products only" online. I used mine and it was nice and all but with laptops that i wanted to connect and other things popping up in the house not to mention the download times of the dongle i got rid of it pretty fast.

Your firewall may also be blocking the signal.
If thats the case you may need to turn off your firewall when trying to connect to your Wii.

As for standby and your Wii overheating, mine is always on Standby.
Has been since April, don't worry about it overheating.

still doesnt work

Back