wifi USB not working for me

Stevo said:
After installing the software, my computer freezes and I constantly have to reboot, I did a search on google, but all I could find was a few people who encountered the same problem, but couldn't find a solution.

I'm just glad I finally figured out why my computer was being so crappy.

computer freezes after installing software...hmmm are you doing other things while it installs like multi tasking? if you dont have atleast gig of ram in your computer or a decent cpu it will freeze. close all other programs and reinstall software..if still freezes go to the website of the company that made the device and look for some kind of patch that prabably came out ..if it still freezes then i dont know maybe malware spyware or a virus im just guessing here ..is your windows update up to date? sometimes that can freeze y our comp after youinstall a software my other pc froze on me wen i installing service pack 2 because i didnt have all the updates for service pack 1 or you can go to a computer forum there some geeks out there that knows every thing lol as they helped me out alot..oh another thing disable windows firewall if you have another one as windows firewall sometimes causes some conflict with software trying to connect to the net zonealarm is a good and free all you need to do is configure it

Wii17 said:
if i have been help please leave good rep
unlike some people who leave bad rep for no reason:mad2: :mad5:

ok someone gave me bad rep for being "cocky" when all i have tried to do is help in previous posts which is why i asked for good rep so why give me bad rep for this post, everyone asks for rep so people know your helpful ffs you get some c*ckheads on this site a couple people gave me good rep after i asked coz i was helpful so why do some people have to be tards god d*mn*t :mad5:

My software was the problem it kept freezing up on me. So I just went out and bought a WLAN it is working perfect now! Plus I can now use my PSP to surf the net. Anyone know when more vitual games will be available for the wii?

Heh heh, I meant it freezes at apparently random intervals... well I mean it did... I was uninstalling it as per the instructions on nintendo's wifi connection website to install updated drivers, but the uninstall was taking forever, so I went to bed, and when I woke up the computer was off and it won't turn on.us (I reckon coincidentally the power supply went poof)

Installed the wifi drivers on the computer in the other room, and so far it's only froze on rare occasions.

When u buy a USB for WiFi on the Wii, don't you get one for the back of the Wii and one for your PC so that they can link?!
That was my understanding of how it worked when I read the instruction manual.
Apparently the USB component for the Wii won't be released here in Australia until early 2007 - is there something else u can use (without having to buy a wireless router) ...????

WolfpacSnakepit said:
When u buy a USB for WiFi on the Wii, don't you get one for the back of the Wii and one for your PC so that they can link?!
That was my understanding of how it worked when I read the instruction manual.
Apparently the USB component for the Wii won't be released here in Australia until early 2007 - is there something else u can use (without having to buy a wireless router) ...????

hmm? just get the wifi for the wii. or DS? communication should be universal

just buy the usb connector i got mine from kmart, put cd in, click install, when it says put connector in computer do that (do not rest it on a metal object on it's back please support it on it's side on wood or sumthing otherwise u will get error 51404) and wait, after installation go setup internet on the wii click wireless, click nintendo wifi usb connector, go to computer click allow access, connection test, done. if it fails move the connector somewhere else (use supplied usb cable) if usb ports are horisontal don't use them but if vertical you could try that and forget the cord) or if u have a firewall on it will fail also

Wii17 said:
just buy the usb connector i got mine from kmart, put cd in, click install, when it says put connector in computer (do not do it (rest it on a metal object on it's back please support it on it's side on wood or sumthing otherwise u will get error 51404) and wait, after installation go setup internet on the wii click wireless, click nintendo wifi usb connector, go to computer click allow access, connection test, done. if it fails move the connector somewhere else (use supplied usb cable) if usb ports are horisontal don't use them but if vertical you could try that and forget the cord) or if u have a firewall on it will fail also

this is like a DIY... but for an FAQ........ I LIKE!:idea:

lol stupid spell check put the words the wrong way i hate that (do not do it (rest it was meant to be do that (do not rest it lmao!

Wii17 said:
lol stupid spell check put the words the wrong way i hate that (do not do it (rest it was meant to be do that (do not rest it lmao!

oh... haha! none the less this is a good comment!

thanks man i like to help everyone goes, blah blah blah wifi usb and i cringe everytime i see a post with that word. it took me ages to find a solution i almost took it back, plugged into my usb ports (horisontal) didn't work, plugged in with the cable resting on my cpu didn't work tried like 50 times, so i tried to get it to reach further and put it on the shelf above but could only reach on it's side and like magic it connected, i said to my gf try 1 last time (doubting it would work and i was bloody amazed it did) so i wanted to find out if it was the metal, laying it on it's side or up higher, put it on it's back lost connection, put it on its side on metal lost connection, put my cpu on the floor and had it resting on its side on the floor and it worked. so i figured out it can't be on metal or on it's back. :D i love having a logic mind it's what i do best in (scored better than 99% of the other people on a logic test applying for a job at kmart lol 99.3% of questions right, i don't know why i'm so good with logic puzzles.... mum's not maybe dad is coz i hate maths and english lol)

oh and before anyone asks like i wondered, if you turn the comp off you lose connection but wiiconnect 24 stays on, as soon as comp is turned back on it connects automatically and lets all your messages come through and also updates, if you turn comp off before wii i'm not sure if wiiconnect stays on, haven't tried. hopefully noone asks about this wifi again lol or i'll make a f***** *** ****** **** **** video and put it on you tube and send a link to every f**** person in the world lol

Wii17 said:
oh and before anyone asks like i wondered, if you turn the comp off you lose connection but wiiconnect 24 stays on, as soon as comp is turned back on it connects automatically and lets all your messages come through and also updates, if you turn comp off before wii i'm not sure if wiiconnect stays on, haven't tried. hopefully noone asks about this wifi again lol or i'll make a f***** *** ****** **** **** video and put it on you tube and send a link to every f**** person in the world lol

yup. the wii should constantly look for a wifi signal. just like a regular wireless eithernet adapter... me = nerd w/ computers. well. i'm pretty sure there are a lot of better geniuses out there.

I had my wi-fi connector for x-mas, got it working for the wii last night, but left my ds in my fathers car :( So can't kick ass on Mario Kart yet :(

Back