Is this wireless USB adapter compatible with the Wii?

Hitaka

WiiChat Member
Sep 17, 2009
Wii Online Code
6106-0338-1968-6359
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Medialink-Wireless-Adapter-802-11g-Compatible/dp/B001DKBNMA/ref=pd_cp_e_1[/ame]

It doesn't say anywhere if it can be used for gaming and I want to make sure before I buy it.

You know the Wii already has a built in bluetooth wifi? It connects to your router without any additional adapters unless you want to go wired/ethernet. You need a lan adapter to go wired.

If you dont have a router you can get a usb wifi link that will make your pc an access point for the Wii. Its different than an adapter.

That's what I want to do, put it in my computer and use it as an access point for my Wii. I figure it's the same thing as the Nintendo wifi USB connector, but I can't use that because I have 64 bit Windows.

You know the Wii already has a built in bluetooth wifi? It connects to your router without any additional adapters unless you want to go wired/ethernet. You need a lan adapter to go wired.

If you dont have a router you can get a usb wifi link that will make your pc an access point for the Wii. Its different than an adapter.

What does the Lan Adapter look like?

Back