its here!!!!

Im getting used to the wii browser. It is definitely workable, youtube mostly works fine. As Ive said though, the "next videos" links at the end of a video arent working for me.

On my tv the font needs to be bigger, crap tv though. you can zoom. I would expect some wii friendly sites to start popping up.

digg.com strangely does not work! The page keeps on trying to refresh a couple of times, then it goes back to the browser start page...

I am using a nintendo wifi usb, and the speeds Im getting on youtube are fairly comparable to my adsl, which is only 512k. The wii very rarely has to pause to watch a youtube vid. (had to turn off my firewall for the moment till I figure that out properly)

I have verified some dailymotion files that work on my pc, but do not work on the wii. Some dailymotion videos do work though.

I cant seem to drag and drop to organize my favourites, and the favourites menu is a little slow loading.

I lost my internet connection at one point on my pc. I was still able to use the 'back button' multiple times, so it does cache some pages, and the back button is quite fast.

Sometimes the zoom is a bit funny. it seems there are multiple levels of zoom but sometimes you have to point and click a bit to get the right level for the site. Again, Ive got a crap old crt tv, I dont imagine this stuff will be an issue for those with nicer screens.

uhh, thatll do.... overall I think it mostly met my expectations and for me at least it will totally be a whole new way / mode of internet use. Its a bit of an issue for those that develop websites... I think when we see five million wii's in loungerooms we are going to see a lot of small developers and major companies targeting this market. I checked out a few shopping type sites I had made for clients and honestly thought that their product photos looked better and more lush on the tv screen. With a fixed resolution browser, ajax and flash support. I give it like three weeks before someone has a wii specific wii games and accessories shop online, and six before someone has a full fledged "family shopping television" site up... okay. Im done...

oh, one more thing... for those that thought youtube through the wii on an old crt monitor would be hopelessly bad, its not at all.

Maybe not, but because the old tvs blur a bit, plus I was sitting much further back than normal, I thought an actual video on youtube on zoom on the wii looked as good, if not better than on my lcd pc monitor.

thanks for reminding me, I checked out wiicade weeks ago but forgot, looks like they have got it set up nice!! cant wait to try it on the wii.

so did any of the people in the usa get the browser?? if not my mates are going to be sad lol :)

EDIT: my mates told me they got it cool happy surfing everyone and merry christmas ;)

Last edited:
Got it now!

Got the opera trial im porting this from my wii now! its awesome it took me like 2 minutes to learn how to use it & so far its pretty fast!

i think i am going to cut my wrists because it wont connect to the shop channel:cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

oh and let me have a link please to that all tv show website

I've been playing some flash games on the wii at http://www.wiiarcade.com
some of the games work, there are a few fun ones. And some very frustrating ones.

Anyhow, any got any sites to some good flash games? The ones that work best are the games you would normally move around with a mouse and use a single mouse click.

Back