Iwata Asks - VOL. 7

ssbb_lover

Novocain Stain'd
Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Sakurai said:
I mean, we’re only on the third title in the series and whether or not you’ve played a previous version is not that important.
Sounds like very good news. Hinting at a possible 4th title?

Source.

Thats hinting at several sequels.

Good to know this won't be the last.

Huzah! :D

Then there really is hope for all these guys:

ForgotenBrawlers.gif

Off-topic or thead I guess, but did anyone see the latest dojo update?

And I think if they made a SSB4 there wouldn't be much to put in it besides a character or two and a headset, besides what's alread in Brawl.

Dost thou not see mine sig!? o_O

Trust me, they can always add more. Heck, if they don't have to expand the character roster that much, then pile on even more story mode, brawl types, Items, ATs, Stages, Voicechat, Music (though how they'll top this selection of music is up for debate), Graphical Upgrades, Number of players per Brawl, Event Modes.

And that's just if they keep in the fighting genre. They could always branch out into things like RPGs, (Action or turn-based, either way would be cool).

Besides, they have many IPs they haven't mined for anything at all yet, much less facinating new IPs that may be developed. Pikmin isn't that old, and look how much it's contributing to the game!

My Smashing Brethren, we have a long and exciting road of Smashing ahead of us! :thumbsup: :cornut:

Well, I think there's no doubt that Sakurai is thinking of at least one more title for this franchise. Why? Well, tons of characters that fans wanted so badly that COULD be incorporated (see Druidan's sig + Ridley) aren't even in here. He said that he goes all out with these games. If this truly was his last time making a Smash Bros. game, he would have possibly postponed it a year later and added every single character that fans could remotely want, extend the story-mode to about 15-20 hours, add more stages, perfect the wi-fi gameplay (and make more options)...there's so many things that he didn't do. Personally, that makes me feel like Sakurai was looking at another title after this one for sometime, and he didn't want to waste some of these outstanding characters now when he could use them later. So instead of looking at this as, "OK, this is the last title, I'm going all out right here, right now!" it was more like, "OK, this is the 3rd title, but I don't want to have scrap left over for the next one, so I'm going to do as much as possible to keep this franchise alive!"

Let's hope. If we get word of a new Smash Bros. within the year, it would be freaking orgasmic.
Sakurai said:
Hey, everyone! I had a lot of fun working on Brawl, and I'm happy to announce that another one is going to be in production in no time!

Sakurai is a genius. He had brawl planned years ago. I wouldn't be suprised if he has three games planned already.

ssbb_lover said:
(see Druidan's sig + Ridley)

Bwuahahaha! :lol: Ridley is in my sig too. :yesnod: He's Just the hardest one to see. :p

Tomatktchp said:
ssbb_lover said:
(see Druidan's sig + Ridley)
You forgot New Age Hippie, Mumin and Frederik Reinfeldt! :mad2:

I'M SO MAD!! HOW CAN YOU FORGET THEM?! :mad2:

:wtf:

Alright, Then...
Moving On, I Think A Smash Bros 4 IS, In Fact, Possible... I Mean, MORE Characters! With Some More Scraps...

Back