January Wii/PS3/360 Sales

paintba||er said:
Well the Wii probably only did better than the PS3 because there is alot more Wii's than PS3's available and it did better than the 360 because the 360 has been out for a while and the hype has died down alot. If were all released at the same time and the number of consoles available wasn't limited the wii would probably be in last or the middle. Playstation and Xbox are just more popular than Nintendo.

There is no way there are more Wii's available then Ps3's, I cant find a Wii anywhere. I like the numbers though.

I think that in the long run its gonna come down to supply and demand.. theres way more demand for the Wii then there is for the PS3.. thats why you still see PS3 still on store shelves. If Wii keeps going at this pace they are sure to come out on top!

Come to my town and other towns within 1.5 hours from me and you will find you a PS3.There are PS3 in every Wal-Mart,K-Mart,Game Stops,amd every other store that sales consoles.They amy not have 10 or more PS3 at a time but everytime I go to a store they have 2 or 3 PS3 on ths shelf.The Wiis are selling the PS3 are not.There is a shorage of Wiis because they are in demand and as soon as a store gets them they are gone.PS3 stick around on the shelfs for weeks before they get sold.People just like the Wii more now.

the only reason the PS2 is selling is because of the price drop.. and guitar hero... some people dont have the cash to pick up a wii,360, and deffinatley not a ps3.. at 129.00 or cheeper the ps2 is selling to the people who wouldnt buy it before.. its the only thing keeping sony afloat really..
the game cube did the same thing when it hit 99 bucks.. it went from the #3 selling console at the time to #2 just because of the price drop
if you didnt have a game cube you pretty much ran out of pocket change for the week..lol same thing with the PS2..

as for ps3 its dead in the water..
360 is slowing cause it is older now, the wii is still hot cause of the price and its the newest console... i doubt the ps3 is gonna catch up but im sure in the next year 360 and wii will pretty much be neck and neck getting all the sony fans between them...

I've only seen one Wii other than the one I own, and the only reason I have mine is thanks to a friend at an electronics store. They're a rarity here. I've seen plenty of PS3'S though.

Yeah, sony kinda asked for it. At E3 last year when Sony's presidaent was talking about PS3, someone asked him if he thought that the price would push away gamers? His reponse, "people will buy it because it says Sony on it" (Not the exact quote but very similar). That kind of arrogance is will get you every time. I would not buy one just for that comment alone. I know there are Sony fanboys out there but don't make those comments because your fanboys can't buy enough to keep you in business, there are more casual gamers out there then there are hardcore and how many casual gamers do you anticapate will spend between $500 and 600 for a system.

Plus watch for Xbox360 to pick up some steam. This spring( estimated time but it will happen this year) the 360 is going to do a price drop, he basic model of the 360 will drop to $199 (below the price of wii) and the upgraded model will be $299. This could help Microsoft get the push and regain some major ground in the market.

Back