Ff13

Its gonna get ported. They will bring it to the wii and the 360. However you are only get less than 1/4 of the game since the 360 cant use the hd dvd drive for games. The characters on the wii will get stick figures with no legs and the graphics will be comparable to the ds.

Sony can't afford to lose FF13, and MGS4. They need to hold onto these exclusives and keep adding, not losing titles. If they can't do that they are worse off than Sega's Saturn. Imagine Sega losing Sonic! How about Microsoft losing Halo, or Nintendo losing Metriod? Square put Sony on the map.

sagema said:
Sony can't afford to lose FF13, and MGS4. They need to hold onto these exclusives and keep adding, not losing titles. If they can't do that they are worse off than Sega's Saturn. Imagine Sega losing Sonic! How about Microsoft losing Halo, or Nintendo losing Metriod? Square put Sony on the map.

Well, Mario is a nintendo trademarked character. Developed by nintendo, So is the metroid franchise. Sonic is made by sega. Sega merged with Sammy and dropped the console war to make arcade games and console games. Microsoft owns bungie i believe and therefor halo. FF and MGS have no ties to sony other than that they are a 3rd party franchises.

I wouldnt say Square put sony on the map, but they did play a nice role. Sony really didnt have any characters or franchises that was soley theirs. Now, this is merely an observation based off of current events, but i believe two things of note are happening.

1. Modern games require larger budgets to make. The gaming industry has higher profits than the film industry actually. To make current gen games requires more money these days. Exclusives were basically done when a company like nintendo, or sony would pay the third party developer money to keep the game soley to their system. However, with the realisation that more money would have to be payed to balance out the higher production cost, multiplatforming was more profitable in the end. Games like Final Fantasy have HUGE budgets that get bigger and bigger every game. So with this in mind, Sony seems to be taking another approach. They dont seem to care about third party exclusives anymore, either because they refuse to pay a lot more money for rising exclusives cost or they are planning on relying on their own first party games in a world of multiplatorm software.

2. The first huge game sony has put a lot of money and time into as a franchise is God of War. This is all sony, not a third party. This is their Mario. I believe they are going to be taking this approach of building stronger inhouse development of games than relying on a more costly third party exclusive approach. However, I do think exclusives help a system, wheather or not its worth the price they would have to pay is up to them.
I do believe however, that games will start requiring more space. So far blue ray holds the most. Wii and Xbox360 are currently limited to 5 gigabite games right now. Who knows how this will play out, but i do believe that Sony is intentionally not trying to hold onto many exclusive titles anymore. They seem to have other plans. Stupid or not, we cannot know.

Add: A lil random bit... Plan on seeing a God of War movie coming out. Sony wont let this pass up since they do own a couple movie studios.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout you write too much. Sony themselves admit Square put the PS1 on the map with FF7. Get your point across in fewer words like me.

If FF13 appeared on the 360 I'd buy a 360 and immediately get that plus Gears of War. If it got on the Wii I'd definitely get it as well. Bottom line however is that the mere fact that they are obviously considering it is a huge indication of how far sony has fallen. The next few months should be interesting.

Recently, I've been loosing interest in the final fantasy franchise... still won't keep me from wetting myself when it comes out. I mean the whole futuristic environment is neat and all, but I wish square to would go back to its fantasy roots. I hope that don't use the unreal engine on this game.

Lately, I've been thinking that it would be neat if they made an fps based on spirits within (with a better story of course)... but they should leave the rpgs alone... and bring back Uematsu.

sagema said:
Shiftfallout you write too much. Sony themselves admit Square put the PS1 on the map with FF7. Get your point across in fewer words like me.

Im sorry if you have the inability to read paragraphs, i dont know how you got through school to begin with. I love to read books, the bigger the text count the better.

The difference between you and I is that I explain and back up what I say, or rather even have more profound things to say. You just throw a comment out. Good luck getting through college.

As for FF7 putting the PSX on the map, i dissagree. It was one factor that put them on the map, not the sole factor. Got it. Gooooood.

Shiftfallout said:
Im sorry if you have the inability to read paragraphs, i dont know how you got through school to begin with. I love to read books, the bigger the text count the better.

The difference between you and I is that I explain and back up what I say, or rather even have more profound things to say. You just throw a comment out. Good luck getting through college.

As for FF7 putting the PSX on the map, i dissagree. It was one factor that put them on the map, not the sole factor. Got it. Gooooood.

gtyjh5t.jpg

Meh, I'd still get a Ps3 even if FF13 was on the wii or 360. Love Final Fantasy, I'd feel bad if I played it on a different console.

Why? FF was on Nintendo before it even came to Playstation. So to me its just an old friend coming home...albeit one that I didn't bother getting to know because it didn't interest me a few years ago like it does now.

Back