Japanese Virtual Console

wager1

WiiChat Member
Jun 5, 2007
Ok since I have a japanese Wii and there is no real way for me to change that, I'm still trying to make the best of my Wii experience. I have been able to connect my Wii to the internet and figured out how to download the internet browser and search through the VC collection. What I want to know is whether or not the games I download here can be played in english? and if so can anyone give me some kind of guide as to how to purchase Wii points in the japanese VC.

Thanks in advance

If you have a CC, you should be able to buy points on the Wii, as for the language, you might be able to go into the Wii settings and change the system language, but I don't know if that will effect the game or not, most games are ripped from the cart in their native language, all VC is is a ROM (your game), and an emulator (runs the game), The way nintendo did it was, instead of having one emulator and have you download ROMS, you download an emulator and the ROM as one, some people were able to hack the Wii compatible emulator shell and put in their personal ROMS they downloaded online in and make it compatible on the Wii, since it is a ROM, like all ROMS, they are in their native language that the cart was in, so there might not be a way to change it, but if you change your system settings to english, you might be able to get subtitles, if you ever seen Borat!, kind of the same thing (foriegn text covered by english subtitles), but I have never done that before so I don't know, I don't think it is possible though

Back