Japan's Comeback

WiiZero

Game Wiizard
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
5435-9829-5121-8955
Okay not really but Japan is going to release a new format that could possibly beat Blu-Ray and HD I'm sure it will come here it always does. Microsoft has gone with HD and Sony has gone with Blu-Ray now Nintendo which is huge in Japan needs to upgrade. Do you think the next Nintendo console will try to lead in graphics? I know they focus on gameplay but they have just done two amazing things I think it's going to be a while before Virtual Reality comes about and Nintendo is going to have to come out with something.

what the hell you on about lol, plus there will be no 'upgraded' or 'next' wii for a while. Thats what a nintendo exec says. but i dont know... I think i remember saying there will be a dvd function for japan later this year, dont know if its true or not. Plus wii cant do HD so dvd will prob be the limit.

That's why I'm talking about next gen did you read

Fool

WiiZero said:
That's why I'm talking about next gen did you read

wow whats your problem? Anyway, by the way you wrote your first post, it sounded to me 'this gen' , just upgraded, you never specifically said anything to do with 'next gen'...

Pretty sure they can't but who knows and yeah next-gen or an addition to this gen Nintendo

I think the next gen Nintendo will be able to compete graphically in the next "Console war." I mean, with the Wii they have a great new kind of gameplay that we already know works well. So why not shoot for some better hardware next time around?

I can see software updates but I can't see anything other than that happening. The Wii isn't really about all the extra things it can do and that why its so successful in my opinion. Sony and Microsoft are trying to out spec each others machines whereas Nintendo have pretty much primarily focused on a games console.

where did this info come from about Japan creating a third HD-DVD format? Not disputing it, I just haven't heard anything before about it, and I think it would be pretty erroneous for ANYONE to try and introduce something new so late into the format wars.

On the next Nintendo console, they probably will have upgraded to HD or Blu-ray, whichever turns out to be the victor. Seeing as its usually 5 years or so between consoles and I'm sure that production costs will have gone down by then enough for Nintendo to want to put consumers and developers through it.

And personally I think they Wiis graphics are fine. Look at Zelda, and they say that's not even the best it can do, that's the best that gamecube can do. They haven't yet made a game to truly attempt at displaying the Wii's capabilities. I'm looking forward to when they do, maybe the next Zelda game? Or when some of the third parties get involved, like Square-Enix, they'll show us what it can do too I'm sure.

Back