just bought wii from hong kong and....

simonmds

WiiChat Member
Oct 21, 2007
language in chinese or japanese does anyone know if I can change it also plays american game bought with it and japanese sports disc but not english pal version bought it for my kids and I'm wanting to know if I need to throw it or can it be modified if so by who? thanks for any advice

You can change the language. Just google it.

However, in order to play PAL games you will have to modify it. WiiKey is a good mod, but I have not had any experience with any. Google some wii mods and choose the best. It will definately void your warranty though, although this shouldnt matter as you bought it from hong kong any way :lol:

changing language

I have googled it but when I get to menu 3 it only gives me 2 options (not 4) and neither are language change options. Are jap wiis just japanese language with no way to change to English?

Does anyone know if Hong Kong is Pal, NTSC, or SECAM?

*would laugh if SECAM*

Would you, original poster, mind editing that post so it is semi-coherent? The lack of a comma and capital letter is killing me.

Sorry for my grammar.

I have googled how to change the language on my Wii from Japanese, but when I get to menu 3 it only gives me 2 options (not 4) and neither are language change options. Are jap wiis just japanese language with no possible means of changing to English? I bought a sportsgame with it and it is in Japanese, I also bought meet the robinsons and this is a US game and once loaded everything is in English. I am a total novice who is trying to get the Wii to work for my kids.
Have I wasted my money?
What options do I have?
Sell it or buy US games?
Learn Japanese?

Thanks

Whoops!

The wii has a reigon chip that disableses all games that came from another country, so you will eed to lay down more money (and your warranty) to get a Wii mod chip, that should fix you problem.

Sell it to an unsuspecting grandma on Ebay.

Buy a PAL version from the UK or NTSC version from the US, even if you have to pay more. A LOT less hassle.

you my want to go to mynintendo.com, go to contacts and send an e-mail in refrence to your ?..............i had a problem w/ the extended warranty and they fixed it in about 4 days, you might get some good tips............

Actually, My friend got a Wii from Taiwan, and it plays American games just fine. Seriously not making this up.

As for the language thing, it doesn't work. There's only two options and i'm pretty sure it's Japanese and Chinese so you're pretty much stuck with an options menu you can't read. it's irritating especially since it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to fix my friend's sensor bar.

But the fact that her Wii could play American Wii games made me real happy.

Moose said:
Actually, My friend got a Wii from Taiwan, and it plays American games just fine. Seriously not making this up.

It probably had a mod-chip installed before your friend bought it.

simonmds said:
language in chinese or japanese does anyone know if I can change it also plays american game bought with it and japanese sports disc but not english pal version bought it for my kids and I'm wanting to know if I need to throw it or can it be modified if so by who? thanks for any advice

I know how to fix the problem sell it to some person on E-bay for like $500-600 and buy a new one from UK and have it pre-modded before getting it.

FRuMMaGe said:
Hong Kong is NTSC, but a different version to USA

No way. Hong Kong broadcasts in PAL, however, most people have multi-system TV and do not care what system a video game system uses. The Wii available in HK are mostly Japanese or US version that both are NTSC.

Back