Just Finished Skyward Sword tonight (*Spoilers*)

Maximo

Wii Fanatic
Dec 31, 2006
Mckeesport,PA
Wii Online Code
0558-5461-4916-6731
So invest probably about 50 hrs into the game. The only things i DIDN'T do in the game were

*Complete all of the Thunder Dragon's challenges for the Hylian Shield
*Found the Bird Feather
*Turned the demon guy in Skyloft into a human i had 62 gratitude stones

I would have continued the side quests if nintendo would of been kind enough to let me save Hero Mode as another save file.

I beat Ghriahim & Demise in one shot which amazed me considering i was excepting to get my tail whooped. In the middle of fighting Demise during the lighting have of the battle he busted my Sacred Shield. I said to my wife (who lives to watch me play stuff like Zelda, God of War, Outland, and ect) "I'm screwed i have no shield" she noticed he kept doing his version of a skyward strike shes like well then do what he's doing. I did it ,and it stunned the S.O.B.

So after finishing the game i'm met with a mix sentence of emotions. I expected the game to answer how it tied into the other games especially after they released the official timeline.

Although somethings were "ah ha moments" other things were "WTF" moments.

Now from my understanding of the official timeline Minish Cap is the next game in the timeline. In which i started a little bit tonight (playing through each to see the ties). Minish Cap's opening story makes sense except how do people of skyloft become picori?...The opening part of Minish states that a darkness was coming to take over the land (which would of been Demise), The picori brought a sword from the sky (Picori bringing a sword from the sky don't understand), With the hero drove back the darkness ,and then sealed the sword away (all things that happened in Skyward Sword)

Now when i looked in the timeline theres a bit of gap between Skyward ,and Minish. Could this be where the confussion comes into play is there going to be another story here? But i don't understand how the master sword/picori sword could already be on land in skyward sword ,and then suddenly the picori bring it from the sky in Minish's prolouge.

I also feel there is more story that predates Skyward. Something that explains Fi/Master Sword and Girahim/Demise's sword. Demise's sword looked like the Dark Dragon Blade of zelda. I mean it even had an upside down triforce on it. I never expected Girahim to be a sword spirit. Once i seen that though i expected Fi to make a large role in the final battle like turning link into something like Fierce Deity Link or something to battle demise ,but she didn't.

I think a game that predates Skyward's story might be in the time of Demise's first attack ,but instead of playing as link we play as Hylia/Zelda for the first time. I mean the reference the first battle many times in the game so why not be able to see how it happened ,and how it set in motion what happened in Skyward.

Then here are some other random thoughts...

Is Ganon a decendent of Demise?
Is Levias the Wind Fish ,or a decendent of him?
Is Vaati related to Ganon ,and Demise somehow since Demise said he'd curse Link's bloodline by always having his next incarnation come after him. Thing is we don't get see Ganon in the story line until Ocarnia where as Vaati is the villian for Minish & Four Swords.

So now that i fried your guy's brains out i'm off to play Last Story (no zelda until the wife is up shes like my second set of eyes in understanding whats going on in each zelda game)

Everything is pure conjecture until Nintendo approves it as canon. But I can say that the Zelda series likes reusing old elements, so they might not necessarily be descendants but instead they might just be nods to the series' past.

*Complete all of the Thunder Dragon's challenges for the Hylian Shield

Good news; you only have to do eight battles in Boss Rush to get it. Once you beat that eighth battle, quit and you get the "Absurdly Sturdy Shield" (you only get one prize, so you have to quit once you get offered it; and I assure you that the 9,900 ruppees you get for beating all 12 fights consecutively won't buy you a Hylian Shield). No need for breaking a sweat over the timed silent realms.

*Found the Bird Feather

Just catch any not-blue bird in your Bug Net

*Turned the demon guy in Skyloft into a human i had 62 gratitude stones

I sure as **** didn't have that many when I finished Normal mode lol.

I would have continued the side quests if nintendo would of been kind enough to let me save Hero Mode as another save file.

You can, sort of... Just save and quit, then copy your file to another slot on the select file screen. I found out you could do this right after I saved my hero mode looool.

Now when i looked in the timeline theres a bit of gap between Skyward ,and Minish. Could this be where the confussion comes into play is there going to be another story here? But i don't understand how the master sword/picori sword could already be on land in skyward sword ,and then suddenly the picori bring it from the sky in Minish's prolouge.

The Picori Sword and the Master Sword are two different blades, actually. It does look ridiculously similar to the Master Sword, but they ain't the same... That's 'bout all I know of Minish Cap though. :lol:

I also feel there is more story that predates Skyward. Something that explains Fi/Master Sword and Girahim/Demise's sword. Demise's sword looked like the Dark Dragon Blade of zelda. I mean it even had an upside down triforce on it.

There's a lot of speculation going on 'bout Demise's sword right now. Is that upside-down triforce just symbolization that Demise is the very opposite of the goddess Hylia, or is it much more significant than that, perhaps in that the blade was forged with killing the Goddess and/or her chosen hero as it's purpose, etc. etc. Ninty certainly hasn't said much (if anything) 'bout it, so... yeah. Nothing BUT speculation.

Then here are some other random thoughts...

Is Ganon a decendent of Demise?

Not as much a descendent as an incarnation; literally. Just as Demise said with his dieing breath, an incarnation of his utter hatred would forever follow Link and Zelda's descendents with bloodshed in tow. Eiji Aonuma himself has confirmed this to be true, so... yeah.

Is Levias the Wind Fish ,or a decendent of him?

Speculation abound again; nothing concrete.

Is Vaati related to Ganon ,and Demise somehow since Demise said he'd curse Link's bloodline by always having his next incarnation come after him. Thing is we don't get see Ganon in the story line until Ocarnia where as Vaati is the villian for Minish & Four Swords.

Vaati's never been said to be related to either of 'em in any way, so I doubt it. A good point, though.

i think theres got to be another game that takes place between skyward & minish to explain the difference between the master sword ,and picori sword because other than name only the picori sword is basically the same sword. The way they describe the events in minish's prologue sound almost exactly like skyward minus the picori bringing the sword from the sky.

Now that the timeline in the hyrule historia is the official one correct because im playing the games in the order in explains to see the connections.

The Picori Sword was crafted by the Picori themselves, while the Master Sword's original form, the Goddess sword, was made by the Goddess Hylia. The Picori sword does look like the Master Sword, but after some plot stuff, they look nothing alike. I can assure ya that they ain't the same blade. You'll probably realize this by the time ya finish Minish Cap. Even though they really are similar in both look and even ability.

They're gods and eventually they'll tell us about the tetraforce they've been denying for years:yesnod:

SSBFreak..yeah its been ages since i played through minish cap. it just makes no sense to me that the hyrule historia says skyward>minish>four swords> then ocarnia when minish & four swords don't really have much at all to do with the others in the timeline

Everything is pure conjecture until Nintendo approves it as canon. But I can say that the Zelda series likes reusing old elements, so they might not necessarily be descendants but instead they might just be nods to the series' past.

That is the same with nearly every game ever

SSBFreak..yeah its been ages since i played through minish cap. it just makes no sense to me that the hyrule historia says skyward>minish>four swords> then ocarnia when minish & four swords don't really have much at all to do with the others in the timeline

Zelda games usually don't relate too strongly to each other if they aren't a direct sequel/prequel, aside from setting up plot for games later on in the time line. So yeah, I can see why you'd be a tad confused. :lol:

Back