Just My Thoughts ON SSBB Clans

sentbytelevision

Loyal to Nintendo
Feb 27, 2007
The Television Set
First off folks, please don't take this as me being arrogant or intentionally offensive. If you actually knew me personally you'd find I'm quite the opposite, but when I see something I find questionable I usually have to address it.

So even though the Smash Bros. release is still fairly far off, I'm already seeing numerous people starting clans, deciding who's good enough to join them and who's not. What basis do you people have for comparison? What if you go out of your way to gain these people's "approval" just to find out they're complete garbage themselves? It makes absolutely no sense. So, for the people being rejected by these so called clans, consider yourself lucky that you haven't "attached" yourselves to these people for no good reason. Actions speak louder than words, and you'll probably find yourself handing these people their a$$es on the playing field.

Secondly, apparently everyone claims to be a SB Pro on here. True enough...but if you're such a Pro then why would you come on here to recruit people for your clans? If you're in the same boat I am, you won't need to. I'm guesstimating that I'm a little older than most of the people on here judging by the posts I see, so I've been a gamer for a much longer period of time. I've owned the majority of systems from the 1st gen consoles upwards (I doubt many of the people on here ever owned Pong, Intellevision, Coleco-Vision, Atari, Balli etc.) not to mention every single Nintendo console. It's due to this that I grew up with and mastered the Mario titles...and yes I categorize SB as a Mario title. So (here's where you may find me arrogant) I do consider myself to be a Nintendo Pro, especially with regards to the Mario line, but do you see me on here scraping to get a clan together? No.

Would you like to know why? Because logically one would assume that your close group of friends, the people you play the games with the most, would pick up your skills while playing against you. You rub off on them, you teach them, they learn from you...they can almost, but not quite, become your equal or at least a good challenge to play against.

So, like I said since there's absolutely no basis for comparison thus far, I'd say any actual "Pros" would already have their clans in mind...the people they've taken under their wing from the beginning.

Cheers folks, here's to seeing you on the battlefield.

Exactly and no one has played Brawl yet (Maybe a select few) so how can you determine how good people are people assume Brawl will be Melee with bonus content

Back