Klonoa Appreciation Thread

En4Neo

Jet-Set-Jesse
Feb 10, 2007
Klonoa
klonoa.gif

Klonoa is Namco's Mario. The games on the Playstation and Playstation 2 have 2D platforming gameplay within awesome 3D environments(2.5D game). He never got popular in the Western world because he's too cute and came at a time when we could only like a platforming game if it had some wacky or edgy character like Crash or Jak in it.

Any way if you have a Ps2 I highly recommend you get Klonoa 2, it's probably one of the best platformers you'll play.

Klonoa on Ps1:
klonoa-1.jpg

Klonoa 2
klonoa2_screen011.jpg

klonoa2_0323_screen089.jpg

klonoa2_screen005.jpg

The GBA games aren't half bad either:
klonoa_screen010.jpg

So any Any Klonoa fans out there?

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
2d/3d? more like cel shaded =P
looks...odd

......it is, partly.

It is slightly cellshaded with the enemies and characters, but most of the environments aren't. It's a really beautiful game, anyone who likes the old Mario games owes themself to try this one out.

It's 2D sidescrolling with 3d backgrounds I guess you could say. It's like Kirby Crystal Shards or Wario World for the GC.

Looks pretty promising... I've always wanted to play a game like that. If only Nintendo had more platform games like that, instead of all those dodgey second-rate licensed games from movies (the kind that make me want to vomit in disgust).

Games like Klonoa are the kind that look like they're just dripping with creativity and some truely bizzare inspiration. They almost look like something out of a bizarre dream or skewed memory... The saturated colours, the obscure architecture, the truely weird character design, I love it!

Times like this I hate living in Australia, we never get anything wacky or weird here! With the exception of GameTraders- Damish is awesome, he orders in alot of import games otherwise unavailable here, and proved to be a much better source of games for video game affonacios (sp?)

blueradio said:
Klonoa is epic.
I love this series.
I want it on the Wii. Either this or Nights.

Seriously, you can't call yourself a platforming fan if you have a ps2 and have not experienced the Klonoa games.

I really hope we see another one in the future, but I guess I can't count on it since most gamers don't even know what it is. It needs to become a cult classic turned popular game already!

I just hope if it does come to the Wii it doesn't get raped by gimmicks like some titles, but hopefully that's just a phase.

Last edited:
Back