Language Select Barrier

cyrusdrakken

WiiChat Member
Mar 10, 2007
Hey, everybody. Just bought my Wii last night... just got it set up now. I'm having some issues already, and can't even reach the main menu. :\

All right, so first off, I should point out that my sensor bar cable is not properly fitting into the back of the Wii. It plugs in, but very very loosely. That may be the source of the problem, and if anyone else is having this issue let me know what I can do to fix it.

So, my main problem is that once I boot up the Wii for the first time, it says "Press A to continue" or something to that effect. I can push A, it responds and takes me to the language select page. But once I'm there I can't do anything. None of the buttons on the remote or nunchuk respond.

EDIT: I should also point out that I tried holding the sensor bar cable in place in the back while selecting a language to see if the connection was too loose to work. That didn't do it either, and it makes me confused as to why I can push A to get to the language select page. Hmm.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Restart the system. Try calling Nintendo Support.
They will send you a new one for free most likely.
You could also buy a third party one if you really need too.

It's unplugged, I'll leave it for a few minutes. To ssb, the sensor cable can only plug in one way due to the way it's shaped, so I don't think that's the problem. It just seems really, really loose.

Solution

Turns out I was just being too gentle with the cable insertion. Everything's working all right now. Thanks for the replies :eek:

Back