Laptop problem. Please Help.

Star Striker

Definately something.
May 30, 2007
Newry, Co. Down
When the cooling fan is running I can hear a low grinding type noice. It's more than likely not grinding but it's the best description I can give of the noise.

It doesn't happen when the fan is off. Anyone know the cause?

The amount of air expelled seems to be normal/the same. The laptop has crashed (blue screen) twice in the last 3 days though.....

It was only bought this March.

Wayhey!!!!!!

It's stopped!! Thank Jebus H Bishinu for that!!!

(Names spelt wrong to avoid offense)

EDIT:

Back again :(

Last edited:
replace the CPU fan or if you havent had the laptop for that long, contact the company that made it and ask them if you can have it repaired under warenty

yeah thats your best bet before you really mess it up

fatal blue screen is always a bad thing to encounter

I'm running Vista so blue screens sre common :lol:

The text is hard to read when I get the blue screen but I can make out something about a driver and power......

I should know about all this! I'm doing an IT course in college! :lol:

i hate vista, i refuse to get a laptop that has it! ill run XP till i die man. vista is a POS!

meh, BSOD won't come up from a simple overheating issue.
it is how ever going to be a hardware error, try and read what the BSOD says, and take note. should say something that helps.

that's a good idea or run it in safemode and run some diagnoses tests to see what error codes, if any, come up

The_Loose_Cannon said:
that's a good idea or run it in safemode and run some diagnoses tests to see what error codes, if any, come up
yup.. or check the adminsitrator something or other controls... but i don't know how to do that on vista..
you should be able to look up an error log, that is if it could write anything in there before it went to BSOD!

Oh this is similar to what happened to my Comp's Power supply about 2 weeks ago i smelt burn in my house but i didn't know what it was it smelled for about 20 minutes but then i got use to the smell and i went into the room and i saw my brothers computers power supply was upside down with the fan facing down the fan melted and it wouldn't turn he had to cut the sides out and now the power supply makes a sort of grinding noise i think this is what happened to your power supply.

Shadowpunk said:
Oh this is similar to what happened to my Comp's Power supply about 2 weeks ago i smelt burn in my house but i didn't know what it was it smelled for about 20 minutes but then i got use to the smell and i went into the room and i saw my brothers computers power supply was upside down with the fan facing down the fan melted and it wouldn't turn he had to cut the sides out and now the power supply makes a sort of grinding noise i think this is what happened to your power supply.
a power supply doesn't have any moving parts, it shouldn't make a 'grinding' noise

Back