Lego games

wezeles said:
i think the lego games can be overdone way to fast... Starwars awsome... indiana jones awsome... but to go as far as batman.. might be too main stream...

i think alot of lego star wars players are people that like the films they are about, and are part of the cult following tied with the film... parents that grew up with these classic films buy these games for there kids to play as well...

once you start putting out newer movies, or less "cult like" movies its going to kill the franchise... granted its kinda dumb to do it about something lego isnt connected with... but they could do something else...

a batman or spider man lego game i dont think will be as big of a hit, unless they dont tie them in so closely with the movie.. if they keep it Retro style like the pics ive seen... Then it might go over well but wont touch the sale levels as the others...

it would just be stupid to release everything in lego's "even if they have lego characters" when they dont do great on there own.. Harry potter,sponge bob,avatar,bob the builder,thomas & friends... these wont be huge lego hits..

lol ill bet on it...

As long as it's not based on the movies, I think it could be real entertaining. Having a lego Batman/Robin (2 player possibility) swinging around Gotham on batarangs should be fun. Criminals would have their lego pieces fall apart once they were defeated. Even the batmobile/batwing would be a nice twist using the lego environment. I think the nunchuk would be a great control scheme, use it to cycle through items in Batmans utility belt, like the Batarang, and tap Z to throw it.

Spiderman I'm not so sure about, but maybe it could work. I'd like to see Maximum Carnage again, like on the old SNES game, or atleast a twist of all the enemies as they were in the comics, not the movies.

owlsgo said:
i adore lego. absolutely adore it.

is there lego star wars games for ds or wii?

yeah, there are lego star wars games for both Wii and DS
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230150
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=180470

and here's the article i talked about earlier, sorry i scanned the full page and just didn't feel like editing the picture. The part about the upcoming games(lego universe, lego batman, and lego indiana jones) is at the bottom. Kind of hard to read due to the crappy scanner at my office but it's definitely readable lego.jpg_p01.jpg

if i get my hands on a color scanner or if i find my camera charger i'll get you guys a more readable copy... sorry

Back