line up on release day

wiiwii

WiiChat Member
Oct 19, 2006
vancouver, canada
Wii Online Code
0730-0028-5418-6552
hi guys im new here.

so im just as excited as everyone else here about the wii and i absolutluy cant wait to get monkey ball and zelda on the 19th. unfortunatly my friend canceld on me for lining up for the preorders and missed them last weekend. I will not let this stop me from getting a wii on the 19th. Since i have never been this excited for a system before i have never lined up to get a system on release day. so my question is what time do u guys think i should start lining up (realisticly) on the 18th to still gurentee me a wii?
thanks for your input guys.

Last edited:
1st Wii-lcome.

2nd i have the same question i couldnt make it to pre-orders cus this damn thing call WORK!

but i was plannin of goin the 18th at nigth either look for a store that hands them out at 12 or just spend the nigth there.

not sure yet . what you guys think

Welcome.

Since Best Buy didn't accept pre-orders, everybody has a fair chance to get the Wii there. But, you need to get there REALY early. I would say like 5PM on the 18th at Best Buy, maybe even before noon on the 18th.

release day

ok so I work at a circuit city in the United States, more precisely, California. I was closing the night before the X-Box 360 came out and I swear it was not even dark yet before people started lining up, but only a few people. And by the time I got off work which was probably around nine oclock at night, there was a pretty decent line. So I opened the next morning and the line had sort of grown. People came rushing in like mad men.. it was crazy.

So to be safe I would say try and get to a Best Buy/ Circuit City/ wherever as early as you can the day before. Realistically around six or seven. But remember this was for the 360... and I am thinking the Wii is going to be more popular, but then again there will be more in stock on release day.

im going to walmart since theyre open all night, ima go at around 7:00, and play demos and ds

me and my friend are probably gonna take shifts, one of us wonder around the store, and the other wait inline w/ the ds

pizzaluvr said:
im going to walmart since theyre open all night, ima go at around 7:00, and play demos and ds

me and my friend are probably gonna take shifts, one of us wonder around the store, and the other wait inline w/ the ds

stealing my idea ! :lol:

pizzaluvr said:

7 at night, or 7 in the morning?

depends where your going. if i were to camp out, i would be there before noon. but i would most likely go to best buy, target, or wal mart.

A sneaky way i did it with my 360 was though, was that i lined up at a costco about 30 min. before 9, when it opened, only one there, walked in, saw a stack of 360 bundles got one, left. I'm not doing that this year because i fear the bundle they have won't be too sweet. Last year i wanted pgr3 and 360, so it worked

nic7 said:
depends where your going. if i were to camp out, i would be there before noon. but i would most likely go to best buy, target, or wal mart.

A sneaky way i did it with my 360 was though, was that i lined up at a costco about 30 min. before 9, when it opened, only one there, walked in, saw a stack of 360 bundles got one, left. I'm not doing that this year because i fear the bundle they have won't be too sweet. Last year i wanted pgr3 and 360, so it worked

did you pay for it or did u just leave?

Back