Preorder day recap

goexplodex4

WiiChat Member
Oct 13, 2006
I got up at 7am walked down to EBgames with my lawn chair and schoolbooks. Got there, NOONE IN LINE i was like...wow i feel like a nerd, ive never done this before. I look at panera nextdoor and am waved at. Four people ahead of me, eating bagels. Went inside till about 8am when someone refused to go inside (its 22 degrees here, with a windchill warning) so we headed outside. Broke out the ds and played multiplayer mariokart....at 9am the guy gets there, we all get up thinking hell let us inside. Nope, locks the door behind him in this freezing weather. Anyway at precisely 10am he takes preorders. I ask him, is it a midnight launch, he said if nintendo magicaly gets more units then yes otherwise no. I said do i have to wait in line or do i guarantee my fifth spot. He said, well ure guaranteed a system but u still have to wait in line.

I look at the piece of paper saying this guarantees ure spot in line, not a system. So i said ok, so is there order to this. He said no everyone who preorders has to fight over them. I was like....woah one sec....so the 40th person (40 people showed up, this is nextdoor to Ohio State) has the same chance as me. After catching his breathe (this guy was ginormous) he said no we only sold 18 of them, ure guaranteed a system at launch but u gotta be there.

That is the night of the OSU/michigan game. If its a midnight launch Ill most likely be partying, but i can always make a stop at ebgames and bring home my wii....semihammered....:arf:

Hopefully its not a next day launch or im gonna be feeling aweful when i go get my system, but ill be there....rain or shine or hangover! :sick:

But im quite pissed I recieved no call...anyone else.

goexplodex4 said:
I got up at 7am walked down to EBgames with my lawn chair and schoolbooks. Got there, NOONE IN LINE i was like...wow i feel like a nerd, ive never done this before. I look at panera nextdoor and am waved at. Four people ahead of me, eating bagels. Went inside till about 8am when someone refused to go inside (its 22 degrees here, with a windchill warning) so we headed outside. Broke out the ds and played multiplayer mariokart....at 9am the guy gets there, we all get up thinking hell let us inside. Nope, locks the door behind him in this freezing weather. Anyway at precisely 10am he takes preorders. I ask him, is it a midnight launch, he said if nintendo magicaly gets more units then yes otherwise no. I said do i have to wait in line or do i guarantee my fifth spot. He said, well ure guaranteed a system but u still have to wait in line.

I look at the piece of paper saying this guarantees ure spot in line, not a system. So i said ok, so is there order to this. He said no everyone who preorders has to fight over them. I was like....woah one sec....so the 40th person (40 people showed up, this is nextdoor to Ohio State) has the same chance as me. After catching his breathe (this guy was ginormous) he said no we only sold 18 of them, ure guaranteed a system at launch but u gotta be there.

That is the night of the OSU/michigan game. If its a midnight launch Ill most likely be partying, but i can always make a stop at ebgames and bring home my wii....semihammered....:arf:

Hopefully its not a next day launch or im gonna be feeling aweful when i go get my system, but ill be there....rain or shine or hangover! :sick:

But im quite pissed I recieved no call...anyone else.

Stop complaining about the weather 22 degrees is balmy here in scotland :cool:

I heard the deal is you have 48 hours to pick up your reserved item, if it isn't reached then you will get your money back and you loose the item to whoever buys it.

Wiired said:
I went on play.com, signed up, preordered, budda bing budda boom, Fin.

Do we need the payment upfront or what?

Looking where to get it from i most liklly go to game

Yep, I got there at 7 also. There were these two people that came at like 3 A.M... I wasn't gonna do that just for a pre-order. So now I have the pre-order, and very happy. =) But when November 19th comes around, I am DEFINATELY camping out at like 3 A.M. xD

Fifth in line at my eb games....got there around 7:30. Our manager was so nice, and started preorders at 9:00 instead of 10:00. When I left there were still about 20-25 people outside waiting. We also were able to preorder extra controllers, I got another wiimote, a nunchuk adapter, and a classic controller.

here at my ebgames, got there at 2am, then left then again at 5 left and then got there at 7am and still no one there, so i sit in my car and play DS and people come up and NINJA my number one spot... lol... so i get out of my car and get some starbucks and sit on the sidewalk wih them and talk, no one had a ds so i was bored.... only took 8 pre-orders and i was number 3!!! wooter.. so yeah.... im glad at launch i wont have to wait in that long ass line.... they have a seperate pre-order line at my store or so i was told.... but yeah WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Well ill tell my story,

Im from ohio too, a little west of cleveland, GO BUCKS!

okay

so i wake up at like 8:45, leave my house at 9:15, go to the bank get some money, drive down to Game Stop, get in line at about 9:40 I'm #8 in line, only like 4 more people came, so it was all good, im guarenteed a system he said.
I was also freezing it was so cold

Back