No worry on not getting your wii preordered

GreyKirby

Fo-Weva Pink!
Sep 18, 2006
In The Real World
Okay. So probably most of you are worried that since you can't preorder you will have to skip school just to go preorder it at EBgames. WRONG!

Wii will get around 3-4 times more then PS3 will get. Sony had a huge crowd of people. Nintendo has a smaller crowd.

Something you should be worried about? Yea maybe if you live in an area like Newyork. But anywhere else? Its fine! Preordering is just a guarantee.

When i preordered my DS, I went to get it a week later after preorder. When i went to get it at EBGAMES. They had dozens of them in the back and on the shelfs! DS had what? 2mil at launch? [Sorry i forget]

Anyways my point is that You need not worry about not being able to preorder.You will get a high chance if you could get your DS at launch then you can get a Wii. Although wii might be slightlier popular then DS. DS was STILL very popular . I was really afraid that I wouldnt get a DS. But here i am almost a 2 year old DS Right here. I didn't even HAVE TO PREORDER my DS.

Hope that helps you guys get your hopes up and all. I think that you could get a wii easly without preordering. I think im going to go get mine 1 week after launch [hopefully] If not then too bad for me. Im probably either preordering it though as i did with my DS XD. You can preorder it or you don't have to. Just don't blame me if oyu don't get it for listening to me xD

GreyKirby said:
Something you should be worried about? Yea maybe if you live in an area like Newyork.

Oh c'mon, that's just not fair! ;_;

haha i doubt it though this is like the first time a system like this is gonna come out my eb game person said to come at 5 and they open at 10 i never ever do stupid things like this for games but this is the first i first have to beg my parents to let them let me skip school :D but yeah IM CRAZY ITCH

Demon Slayer said:
There is one problem...Wii is as populor as Sony was...Wii is the top gen...
Yea but When DS Came out PSP wasnt out! And guess what? DS didnt even sell all its stock on launch which they had hoped for.

GreyKirby said:
Yea but When DS Came out PSP wasnt out! And guess what? DS didnt even sell all its stock on launch which they had hoped for.
This the wii we are talking about...its not a psp and a ds...its way more populor then a DS and when i say way more i mean WAY MORE

GreyKirby said:
Yes but Wii has gotten much more unit releases then DS, Which makes it as even has the DS when it first launch o_O
At most store there is only going to be a total of 30 consoles...

Comparing DS to Wii is really not fair at all.

The handheld market is smaller, there is less demand, and units are cheaper/faster/easier to produce.

Indeed. GC, you're giving everyone wrong info. There is a problem. Wii IS the most popular next gen console, and comparing the DS to the Wii is a horrid example. Just read Cyan's post, he's right. And even if the Wii has 3-4 times more than the PS3, that's not very many. A lot of stores only got TWO PS3's. xD
So, yeah. Camping out is the best idea.
There aren't gonna be any left even a day after the launch, I gurantee you. xP At least not here. For everywhere else, maybe two days. xD

Cyan Winters said:
Comparing DS to Wii is really not fair at all.

The handheld market is smaller, there is less demand, and units are cheaper/faster/easier to produce.

But ds sold 20 mil this year, or is near predicted!

This is information I posted on another thread, but it is applicable here too:

If you failed to read the fine print on preorders, let me sum it up for you:

While GameStop/EBGames and probably every other store recommends that you preorder to ensure you can buy a console on launch day, they cannot reserve a system for you.

The only thing a preorder does is gives corporate a ballpark amount of how many units to ship to a certain store.

For example, if a store only gets one preorder for an item(as is the case with really crappy games), corporate will only send one additional copy of that game, making the count X + 1, where X is their original bulk amount.

Now, in the case of the Wii, Nintendo intends to have 2 million units at launch, which means they could either possibly have higher or fewer yields. If you do the math, it turns out that there will probably be 200,000 consoles for Canada and some regions of Mexico, leaving 1.8 million consoles for the United States.

Halve that to find out how many consoles will be divided among video game stores(GameStop/EBGames, GameCrazy, etc). The rest will go to your Targets, Walmarts, Toys R Us', etc. This leaves 900,000 units for each.

If you figure that there are 4,400 GameStop/EBGames locations and only 700 GameCrazy locations, the worst case scenario would be between 20 and 50 consoles per store, with our best odds being 100+ per store.

wii will have plenty out for launch .. they are prepared for this .. no worries man . i put my word that you will be able to walk into a circuit city, bestbuy, or gamestop ne time of the day and buy one

yankeesrule13251 said:
they are not selling them at the release date, thats what i heard when i called eb.

You must have heard wrong. Why would they not sell the system on the day it is for sale? o.o

Back