Link - elf or fairy discussion based on the article

cbrotherson

WiiChat Feature Writer
Nov 28, 2006
UK
Hi guys,

I dont (yet) have access to my own feature over here: http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-articles/11572-how-its-impossible-fair-twilight-princess.html but cant have helped notice the amusing discussion over Link's race from my rather off the cuff remark.

So, in answer:

I dont say "Link is an elf" - I say (and if you allow me to quote myself :lol:) "the elf-heavy franchise". Slim semantic difference, but a difference no less. Fellow poster, Taero, got it spot on when s/he says: "Or...perhaps...you know, the OP could be having a joke on the fact that Hylians ears resemble that of elfs/elves/whatever? This doesn't mean he actually believes Link to be an elf, sheesh."

Indeed. I'm being tongue-in-cheek, because it's pretty clear Hylians are based off elves - they may not BE elves per se, but they're certainly elfish (not to be confused with 'elven' ;) ). The pointy ears and ability to hear the Gods via them better than 'typical' beings tend to be a giveaway and all ;) And no, he most certainly isnt an fairy - especially seeing as there are other fairies in the franchise who clearly mark themselves as such and totally different from the elfish (ha) Hylians.

So I hope that clears things up. Or at least gets the discussion over at the article past the issue ;)

Thanks for reading, as always.

C.

faggoty.jpg

You guys never seem to stop amazing me with the level of stupidity that these threads are at.

1: Link is a guy
2: Link lives in the forest, has pointy ears, and is considered an Elf
3: I'm not going to even respond to the girly comments cause that's just out right retarded
4: .... I think I made my point so quite it with the dumb ass posts about retarded crap like this.... seriously

match002001 said:
You guys never seem to stop amazing me with the level of stupidity that these threads are at.

1: Link is a guy
2: Link lives in the forest, has pointy ears, and is considered an Elf
3: I'm not going to even respond to the girly comments cause that's just out right retarded
4: .... I think I made my point so quite it with the dumb ass posts about retarded crap like this.... seriously

dont worry dude. If i was picked on all day at school i'd probably come onto the internet and call a character in a game a "girlie boy" too... just to make myself feel better.

we dont accutly know wot origon link is so we should just leave it at that

Thorinir said:

You're very right he's a video game character, but these kinds of posts piss me off cause it's just plain rediculas. It's like if I made a post of who has the bigger cock Superman or Batman.

maybe.... they didn't mean 2 give him pointy ears. dont get me wrong i love my wii but the graphics arent person like (there aint a gd graphics console)... so it could be kind of hard 2 draw round-ish ears. OR ... it might be because a wolf has kind of have pointy ears & he does turn into a wolf alot.

As for the 'who got the bigger cock thing'. I think batman.

they gave him pointy ears to prove he's not real and is in a differnt world. If somthing appears to be somthing it isnt always like the saying , dont judge a book bye it cover, unless its got written on it this books funny....

link couldnt be a fairy and the fairys have wings. He couldnt be an elf as it just doesnt fit in so we dont no his origon so plz leave it at that...

Thorinir said:

We got it I don't think we're discussing that anymore as a matter of fact. Not trying to be rude but we heard you the first time.

Back