Link or You?

TacosTacos

WiiChat.com>Match.com
Jun 5, 2007
So, this may be a stupid topic, but whatever.....

So, when a game asks you to enter a name, do you put your name, or the name of the character.

I got Zelda:Twilight Princess, and put in my name. After a while it kinda got annoying to me. I wished I would have put in Link, but it was too late. I got the Phantom Hourglass for the DS, and this time I put in Link as the name.

If I don't put the name of the character I either put my real name, Tacos, or Bizzy B. What do you do?

When playing Zelda, I've always used the name BigPenis. It's kind of amusing as you play through the game.

Well, there's a few things I've done in the past.

On my first playthrough of Final Fantasy VII, I put their names as Matrix characters (I was right on the money calling Yuffie "Cypher").

Then after a while I got bored and called everyone Sephiroth. Made things unbelievably confusing. You don't know who was talking to who.
Sephiroth: Give me the black materia!
Sephiroth: No, don't give it to him!
Sephiroth: I don't know what to do...

Even better when President Shinra says: I can't be expected to remember your name, not unless you become another Sephiroth! Yes, he was perfect, perhaps too perfect...

Now a days, I use Squall7 (if there's enough room. If not, I put Squall). It's close to my real name anyway (Paul).

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
Well, there's a few things I've done in the past.

On my first playthrough of Final Fantasy VII, I put their names as Matrix characters (I was right on the money calling Yuffie "Cypher").

Then after a while I got bored and called everyone Sephiroth. Made things unbelievably confusing. You don't know who was talking to who.

Now a days, I use Squall7 (if there's enough room. If not, I put Squall). It's close to my real name anyway (Paul).

Spaull?

Pquall?

:smilewinkgrin:

I sometimes put the name and sometimes put my own, I refer to myself as Jam, or the more recent Cappin' (all credit goes to mike).

[DT] said:
Our brave Zelda adventurer is Licky with his trusted steed Dimbulb...

...don't ask (the wifey and I are twisted) :lol:

My stallion is called George:)

Depends on the game.
Zelda, I used Link.

But for shooters, or fighting games I put my name.
Helps out the ego :lol:

I like the idea of putting names of the members of your favorite band.

TacosTacos said:
I like the idea of putting names of the members of your favorite band.

Pelle Almqvist?

I can just imagine zelda struggling to pronounce it:lol:

P..pel...pellie..pelle elmquevist, umm a...alm, Just go get him...

i love FF7 my overall fave game ever its my #1 game, first time i played through i used my name and other names, but 2nd 3rd and well every other time i just leave there names because FF is the sort of game you talk about alot and its confusing talking to mates about it when u say your name they wonder who u are on about.

but in games like Zelda i always use my name, for 2 reasons,

1 i think it makes u more part of the game
2 for multpile profiles i know which save is mine and which is one of my 4 brothers games

another Q

my m8 had a wii (traded it for a 360 (twat)) but he named his mii bobby, his name was callum,

point being do u name ure miis after you or some random.

p.s i name mine after mii (pun intended)

i have 56 mii's only 10 of them made by me, rest are family and mates thats 46 people played my wii.

Last edited:
Back