Loading Files Onto the Wii

SuperWii_7

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
I have recently purchased my Wii and I have found it to be an overall amazing system. However I'm not one to stop at the basics of what the system can do. I want to take as much as I can from the Wii. So I have a few questions for you Wii experts out there...

I realize by using SD cards you can load files (images, mp3s, movies) onto the Wii. However I do not know how to load the files from my Mac onto the SD Card. Also, since there is a USB port in the Wii is it possible to load information onto a USB stick and load it into the Wii? Can I use any old USB to do this? Can I directly transfer mp3s from my iPod to the Wii?

The lack of DVD playback on the Wii is frightening, but there may be a solution. Is it possible to load a movie (avi file, smaller than 1GB) onto the SD card or USB (if thats possible) and watch it on the Wii? I don't see why this can't happen. I really don't care about the quality, to me, this should work. But first of course I need to know how to load files onto the Wii. I don't want to try anything unless I know what I'm doing. Thats why I came to you!

Thanks for the help!

1) No, the Wii has no USB flash drive support.
2) No, your iPod cannot connect either
3) You can load a small video, but not AVI

Kryptenx said:
1) No, the Wii has no USB flash drive support.
2) No, your iPod cannot connect either
3) You can load a small video, but not AVI

I don't get it, Nintendo could have made this system one step better with just a few extra features. I guess thats not their "aim".

Anyway this still doesn't help me with how to load the files onto the Wii.

Just thought I'd mention, my Wii crashed while I was playing the GC version of FIFA07. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

My Wii is officially online now.

Thanks to an unsecure connection from my neighbor. :D

Currently updating...

Does anybody know how to load files onto SD cards through a Mac? :mad2:

Back