Empire Strikes Back-NES
Super Star Wars-SNES
Super Empire Strikes Back-SNES
Super Return of the Jedi-SNES
Rouge Squadron-N64
Shadows of the Empire-N64
Episode I Pod Racing-N64
Battle for Naboo-N64

i believe that list is complete of all star wars games that could be released on the VC... Personally i am looking forward to all of these games and will purchase anyone of them that is released

Forget the Star Wars games. Lucasarts is better known for Maniac Mansion, Secret of Monkey Island and Indiana Jones games which is what I thought this thread was about :(

The three games I mentioned would work PERFECTLY with the WiiMote. In fact I'd argue they would make better use of the IR portion than the current Wii games!

ciper said:
Forget the Star Wars games. Lucasarts is better known for Maniac Mansion, Secret of Monkey Island and Indiana Jones games which is what I thought this thread was about :(

The three games I mentioned would work PERFECTLY with the WiiMote. In fact I'd argue they would make better use of the IR portion than the current Wii games!

Adventure games ftw!!

full throttle, day of the tentacle, the dig

sorry for the hijack lol

Shadows of the Empire-N64
Episode I Pod Racing-N64
Battle for Naboo-N64

There would be the only games I would like to see on the VC console out of that

I'm not holding my breath on the Star Wars games. I'd love to see Shadows of the Empire but 'I've got a bad feeling' it won't happen.
And as far as Racer... I'd actually prefer to see a Wii update of that, but that's even less likely. I guess some F-Zero game for Wii is the closest that'll get.

ciper said:

If only the VC games used wiimote motion sensors and accelerominomitimers

when will that be???? ? <----theres your thread

F:wtf:

ahhh, yes, monkey island. I loved those games...classic

Soon you'll be wearing my sword like a shish kebab!

Lucasarts is still deving for Nintendo, there's no reason they wouldn't release on the VC. The primary reasons games won't ever appear is that a) their company has been bought by M$, b) their company no longer exists/makes games or c) their licensing deal would make it too expensive and incompatible with VC pricing/developer is being unreasonable with 10 year old ip. I don't see any of that happening with LA. It's just a matter of time.

As for the ciper's games, those are made for PC, right? I don't see the VC expanding quite that far. LA could remake them for the new game download channel I suppose.

Ah man, I'd definitely pay for LucasArts games on the Wii.

Would be awesome if they released a full-scale Wii CD compilation of a couple of their adventure games, with the controls updated for the Wiimote.

I'd love to replay Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

DAMMIT! We might be able to play the old Lucasarts games right now on the Wii! Using Gamecube linux and the scummvm emulator!

It uses the data files from the original games and replaces the executables making them platform independent.

http://www.scummvm.org/
It already runs on many systems including PSP, Dreamcast, Amiga, OS/2, Windows CE, Palm, OSX and so on.

My dammit in the first sentence is just another example of how Nintendo screws us every day by preventing homebrew from running in Wii mode but allowing copied games :wtf:

mukeliller said:
you think that is comming? :shocked:

original january hudson mention
joystiq may mention

System 3 CEO Mark Cale, whose company is updating the Commodore 64 title Impossible Mission, has told PAL Gaming Network that a new service for downloading content on Nintendo Wii is forthcoming and that Nintendo should be making an announcement within the next two months.

Yeah. Nothing's for sure, but Nintendo has been talking about original content for a while. I'd guess it's just a matter of having some launch games. They wouldn't release a NEW channel, and then have no content for it for 12 months.

I would love to see LucasArts to go back to making adventure games such as Full Throttle, Dig, and Grim Fandango. But i would also love to see their classic star wars games out on the VC and i would really love to see their classic star wars games for the PC, such as Yoda stories, Rebel Assault 1 and 2, Dark Forces, X-wing, and Tie Fighter... LucasArts used to make the best games Lately i have been disappointed with them

Back