Mad Catz Component Cables - No Image

rtm5003

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
Today, I received my much awaited Mad Catz component cables in the mail. I was kind of weary about ordering from Mad Catz, but they were the best option available at the time I ordered them, and I figured that no one could screw up component cables.

I plugged the console into my television, and I had sound but no picture. When I moved the remote around, I felt vibrations and heard sounds like I was navigating through the menu with no image. I experienced the same result on another television. Both are 480i and 480p compatible, so I have no idea what the problem could be...

Any help guys???

Thanks,
Ryan

Have you tested component cables from another source like a dvd player?
If they work then I would say the will component cables are defective.

missed the part about trying on two tv's. My guess is defective cables.

What kind of television do you have? This is not the first time I've heard this about the MadCatz cables.

you must make sure all cables are connected according to place. My guess is that the cables could be defective, but you have to make sure that they're in the right place. Y is green, Pb/Cb is blue, Pr/Cr is red. In your case, i would suggest that you make sure that the Y is in place, because Y stands for Luminance, and with no luminance(b&w), then you won't get a picture. if that doesn't work or help, the cables are defective

Back