Madden 07 with Component Cable problem

I get them with the stock composite cables and the aftermarket component cables that I use. His answer is crap. I wrote them back and told them to first understand the Wii platform as I also got the adjust to 720p answer. There is no 720p setting moron!

Yes, both of those answers from EA demonstrate a lack of understanding of the Wii and resolutions at play here. There is no opportunity for 480p to cause a squeezing issue vs. 480i because its the exact same information. 480i just alternates the lines displayed per frame while 480p displays them all at once resulting in a smoother picture.

Ultimately the graphics issues with Madden have more to do with the game than the Wii. My Wii is hooked up via component video to a Sanyo PLV-Z4 projector with a 120" screen and the graphics on Madden fall far short of Zelda. I expect companies will continue to improve the graphics to maximize the capabilities of the console as happens on all new consoles.

I haven't tried my Madden 07 yet on my HDTV. I'll try it tonight and let you guys know how it goes.

Here is another response I just recieved from EA tech support:

Thank you for contacting EASPORTS Customer Support.

Unfortunately, this was how the game was designed. In researching your issue, we also have the thin bars on our HDTV here at our location. We were unable to find settings that would fix the issue however, we were unsuccessful. I do apologize for any inconveniences.

Thank you for contacting EASPORTS Customer Support!

Brian S.
EA Customer Support

Last edited:
I get the same problem in Madden, Rayman and Super Mario Brothers (on VC). Anyone else have this problem in Rayman and SMB?

I'm having the same issue with Monkey Ball:Banana Blitz. I have only played that game, wii sports, and wario ware on my tv and both of the games published by Nintendo fill up the entire screen, while the 3rd party game has the bars. I noticed this problem before I bought the component cables, so I don't think it has anything to do with the cables or the wii itself. FYI, I'm using the React component cables (only one I could find) and my tv is a Samsung HPS4253. I'm also running the wii through my Yamaha receiver, but I've played other sources through the receiver without this problem so I don't think that's it.

I had previously noticed a similar problem while playing my gamecube on the 16:9 tv. Of course, I never had component cables for the gamecube but the black bar problem occured on every gcn game (1st & 3rd party).

Bama Gambler said:
Anyone else have this problem in Rayman and SMB?
Yep, I have the same problem with Rayman. It doesn't really bother me too much though.

It doesn't really bother me except for the fact that these 3rd party publishers can't figure out how to properly program a game for the wii, while nintendo does it without a problem. I remember playing metroid prime 2:echoes, where it gives you the option to stretch the screen to fit your monitor...is that so difficult for every game to employ?

I think it's clear by all of EAs ill-informed responses that they don't really care about the wii community...hopefully the fact that wii sales are booming will change their minds.

Back