Make-Shift Wii Voice Chat :P

Link_of_Hyrule

Unofficial WiiChat Helper
Jul 20, 2006
Athens, AL
Wii Online Code
7114-5214-3386-2022
So ya'll want voice chat with little headsets don't I hear ya but when you asked nintendo for it they gave ya the finger and told ya no. Well my friend there is a way for you to have your dream of being able to talk to your friends while playing brawl and all your other games on your wii with headsets!

Its very simple actually all it requires is a little setup and playing with friends who have access to a computer :p

This my friend is a blue tooth adapter is allows you to connect many devices to your computer including voice chat headsets and wii controllers.

33-340-002-03.jpg

Buy Here

Its not very expensive only a mear $18 you can find cheaper but i recommend this brand as its cheap and good quality for your money.

Next you will need your choice of Blue Tooth headsets I use Motorola but mostly any of them should work with the software we are going to use. You can get the one below for $24 you can get ones cheaper but i wouldnt recommend it if you want decent distance and sound quality out of your voice chat.

26-555-002-02.jpg

Buy Here

Next you will need Bluesoeil blue tooth software it is much easier to use then the Microsoft drivers and if you want to use your wii controllers on your pc in the future you will already be ready to do so. Bluesoeil came with my adapter for free but that may not be the case with others you can download it HERE if you need it.

After installing the software insert your bluetooth adapter into your computer DO NOT insert the adapter before the software is installed and running!!

You should see the main window shown in the picture below.

uo0015ea5.jpg

Click the orange circle to start searching for devices and follow the instructions that came with your blue tooth headset to "Pair" it with a device it may say cell phone in the manual but it will work just the same if its a true bluetooth device.

After your device has been found by the software your window should look like this.

uo0016ju6.jpg

Right click your device if it is shown and click "Pair" and input the passcode that is given in your manual mine is 0000. After your device has been successfully paired with your computer right click it again and click "Refresh Services" it may ask you for a passcode again if so input it like before. Now your screen should be shown similar to the screenshot below.

uo0018vq7.jpg

Now click the little headphones icon and your window should look like this now.

uo0019in4.jpg

If you have done this correctly your headset should beep as if you were receiving a phone call click the button on it to answer. Once the connection is established you should be able to press the button to turn the sound on and off when using the headset you can also adjust the volume the same way you would when using it with a phone.

Now you are ready to use your bluetooth headset in any application you would like to!

I would recommend the two below for the best gaming experience!

TeamSpeak
Ventrilo

Note: Make sure to configure your applications to use the BT headset as input/output also when your done using your headset unpair it with your computer and charge it frequently when your not using it so its ready all the time :p

Last edited:
Yeh you can but you can only have one person at a time on msn and it doesnt work very well compared to the ones i listed which are made for this type of thing and use high quality codecs and less resources.

17 bucks not a bad price, but my comp is next to my wii so i use a wired one i have.

hahaha i love how this guy talks. (not being sarcastic)

I just ordered it says it will be shipped with-in 5 business days. :p You can order it and give one to your friend so you can do voice chat when you play brawl :D

Skype is easy and you can use a $5 usb headset. And can have multiple people in the one convo.

yes if it has audio input/output options any application should work that does

EDIT: Well the woot sell is over you can no longer get the deal how ever if you want a nice new vacuum that is the new item of the day :p

Last edited:
So, is anyone here actually interested in having some voice chat through vent or anything while playing some smash or anything? If there is a big enough demand for it on these forums I think we should figure out a way to all get together and do it. I think that would be pretty fun. :p

well when i get my copy of brawl i will be doing it with my friend and a couple ppl i was borrowing my friends copy but i had to give it back

I would be up for using some form of computer based voice chat. I'm most familliar with teamspeak/vent, but Skype would work also.

Back