Make the Wii to get messages

svenito

WiiChat Member
Sep 6, 2007
Sometimes, occasionally, once in a while, my Wii goes off. Off off, not standby, proper off.
So I hear that someone has sent me a message or registration mail. My Wii is off and when I am next at home I turn it on.... no messages. I wait a while and still nothing. I left it on to see if they will perhaps come down later...

but I was wondering, is there a way to force the Wii to download messages? Surely the wii-mail address w*******@wii.com is just some sort of pop mail account or something... so is it possible to "get new messages" on the Wii? Or do you just have to wait? Or perhaps, do you not get messages that are sent while the Wii is off (that'd be stupid)?

Thanks in advance..

oh, and hello there

P.S. I didn't quite type the thread title correctly - it's bad english. I'm sorry.

I think you need to have your friend's Wii Friend Code stored in your address book, as well as he does.

When your Wii is on standby and make sure your WiiConnect24 is on, it will use your internet connection while it's on standby to download sync. Sometimes you'll even get messages from Nintendo telling you there is an update.

Back