Make your own Wireless Sensor Bar!

definately the way to go if you're using a projector or a screen where the sensor bar cable is way too short.............

plus that's just plain cool. not to mention comforting because that wire looks mad flimsy

Darn I was just gonna post that lol. Anyways, expect 3rd party manufacturers to make neat looking wireless sensor bars soon.

Just a question: How does the sensor bar connect to the Wii? All it has is 4 IR LEDs and batteries. No transmitter or anything. Or does it connect automatically?

It doesn't connect to the Wii. The Wiimotes "see" the IR LEDs.

I figured this may work, but hadn't tried it. Oh by the way, the video shows the IR LEDs glowing -- your eyes won't see that. It takes a camera that records IR (all cheaper models -- most models actually) to see the IR. Most digital cameras will also let you see IR through its screen.

Actually, if you bought some LED flashlights I bet you could swap out the LEDs and have them sit where you want them -- make some mounts for them! :lol:

any phone camera should see the IR light.

COLDshiver said:
Just a question: How does the sensor bar connect to the Wii? All it has is 4 IR LEDs and batteries. No transmitter or anything. Or does it connect automatically?
I also would like to know that, if the sensor bar doesn't actually send information to the Wii what does? the Wiimote?

MetroidZ said:
I also would like to know that, if the sensor bar doesn't actually send information to the Wii what does? the Wiimote?

Yes, within all the data sent. The Wiimotes are bidirectional. The Wii sends data to them, the Wiimotes send data to the Wii.

You know, I bet someone could make a simple DC power supply (or adapt a wall-wart) to power the Wii sensor bar. You could plug it into the wall instead of the Wii.

I dont understand why the didn't just make it wireless from the start. The led's would probly last a long long time on just 2 AA.

Back