Sensor Bar and Projectors?

Calvinhedge

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
Colorado, USA
Wii Online Code
8160-5319-6257-2561
Ok, I have searched the threads over and over, and found a couple of threads about projectors and Wiis. We are about to get a projector, and the screen is a fair distance away from the Wii, so the sensor bar won't reach. I know that I can get a wireless one, or slice into the wires and extend them, but I really just don't want to do that. I am a bit fearful that I will mess up the sensor bar, and I just want to see if I can leace the bar forward a little farther to the front of the screen (maybe 2 or 3 feet?). Will this mess up any gameplay because it's not directly against the screen? I'm sorry if there's a thread already like this, but I couldn't find one about the sensor bar placement with projectors.:frown2:

When the Wii first came out, a popular topic was that you didn't even need the sensor bar. I remember one person used 2 candles placed where the sensor bar would be, and it actually worked better.
Perhaps try something like that?
If you don't want to do that, though, it doesn't have to be right against the screen, but it depends how far you are going to be from it.
There is a possibility that you can put it on the floor, as close to the screen as you can get, and just set the sensor bar to "Below TV".
Of course this does depend a lot on how far you are going to stand, and such.
Any more information you can give me would be helpful.

Ok, I can get the sensor bar up the the bottom of the screen level, I wouldn't need to rest it on the floor. I would say I'd be about 4-6 feet from the sensor bar at its max distance level with the screen, and the sensor bar is about 2 feet short from the screen. Does ths help?

Sounds like it should work, as long as you don't stand too close, or too far.
I would say always make sure your standing somewhere between 4 and 8 feet away. Try it out.
Let me know how it turns out.

Back