Mario Kart 64 issue?

dlatimer

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2006
Hi guys,

Downloaded Mario Kart 64 earlier and brought back some memories!!

However, I can't seem to get two player to work? I have two remotes, and two classic controllers, but I can't seem to get the second remote to 'switch on' during the mario kart game. This remote works fine in Wii Sports for example, when I go to add a second controller.

Is it possible to play this game with two controllers?

Does the second wiimote work on the wii menu? If not then you need to sync it to the wii by opening the flap on the front where the SD card slot is and pressing the red sync button. After pressing the sync button remove the battery cover from the remote and press the red sync button on the remote. If both remotes can be used on the menu then they should both work fine for mario kart 64 (provided they have classic controllers attached to them of course).

Sorry, Mario Kart 64 does not support the Wii remote. Only the gamecube controller and VC classic controller.

Cactus said:
Sorry, Mario Kart 64 does not support the Wii remote. Only the gamecube controller and VC classic controller.
He said he had 2 classic controllers attached to the 2 remotes.

rooskie54 said:
Does the second wiimote work on the wii menu? If not then you need to sync it to the wii by opening the flap on the front where the SD card slot is and pressing the red sync button. After pressing the sync button remove the battery cover from the remote and press the red sync button on the remote. If both remotes can be used on the menu then they should both work fine for mario kart 64 (provided they have classic controllers attached to them of course).

Ahhh excellent. Thanks for the reply.

FYI: No, the second controller does not work on the menu. This may be my problem. I will report back in about 5 minutes to see whether this solves the mystery!

Thanks

Back