Mario Party 8

blueovalboy7

They call me Hammy!
May 23, 2007
California
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
hey i was wondering if anyone in southern california knows of any retailers that are selling mario party 8 tomorrow, because most everywhere down here in s.d. isnt selling it until wednesday while the nintendo wii site says its released tomorrow, thanks

i'm going to guess there arent a lot of people from southern california in this forum, so yea sorry for starting this thread

I pre-ordered it at ebgames and they told me that they were getting it wednesday...I feel used.

Typically every tuesday are launch days for new titles but unlike dvds which also launch on tuesday they only ship out on that day which causes a day or two delay befire they are on shelves. Some regions that are close to the distibuters get titles on launch days but most stores will not have the newest titles until wednesday or thursdays at the latest. Best advice is to just call up local stores before you start running around and wasting gas money.

I agree with the above poster. Whenever you see a release date, add two days for it unless you're in one of those lucky places that get it on release day.

thanks guys, ive always been a bit confused by that, i worked at best buy in the media dept and we would always get the movies roughly 5 days before they released but games we always got much closer to the release date but never sold until wednesday (day after "release date") a bit annoying if you ask me

I know my local GameStop always gets their games in by 2:00pm on release day and that's in a relatively small town. Best Buy near me usually takes a few days, maybe a week sometimes, and that's a pretty popular shopping area. So I don't think the area you live in has as much to do with the actual store's shipping stuff. I just call around a lot on release day trying to find the closest place to have it first.

well here in NorCal, its coming out tomorrow (Wed.). might want to check out Circuit City because they have an offer... MP8 in stock by 2pm Wednesday or get $20 gift card. I'm personally going to get it there. Plus its only $39.99 as opposed to the MSRP of $49.99

Yeah, I'm doing that Circuit City deal that they garuntee to have it in stock by 2 pm through the rest of the day or $20 gift certificate.

Going On sell wednesday in Atlanta, after 2pm, Which is weird time Why not when store opens.

Later

cma16 said:
Going On sell wednesday in Atlanta, after 2pm, Which is weird time Why not when store opens.

Later

My guess is thats when the stores get their shipment. Probably a little before 2 pm.

well what i understand from what my gf told me (she still works at best buy) is that they get the games day before or day of the "release day" but there is some kind of agreement or contract that the retailers cannot sell the games until a specific date, but luckily her store doesnt really pay much attention to those dates and she got a copy tonight (personal reviews soon to come)

blueovalboy7 said:
well what i understand from what my gf told me (she still works at best buy) is that they get the games day before or day of the "release day" but there is some kind of agreement or contract that the retailers cannot sell the games until a specific date, but luckily her store doesnt really pay much attention to those dates and she got a copy tonight (personal reviews soon to come)

Let me know if you have to have nunchucks to play the game.

i had my reserved at gamestop i called them yesterday and they told me it wouldn't be out till wensday.but i went hunting anyways living in vegas and theres like 30 + wal mart i just called around until i found one.the only thing that bothered me was that in order to play it you have to update the wii or the game wouldn't show up in the channel. i was thinking hmm what about the people who don't have the net hooked up to there wii or don't have net at all. did anyone else get this automatic update well putting in Mario party 8 ? the game is fairly good some fresh new mini games and the graphics are upped a bit ive only played 2 boards. but i enjoyed i haven't been able to get 4 players as i only got 3 wii motes. anyways let me know if you guys know if the update got up for you as well?

I didn't have to update. My wii has been disconnected from the internet for about a month now (used to get free wifi from some reject who didn't know how to password protect his router...)

Back