Mario vs. Sonic at the Olympic games

No online play. It really looks like they originally wanted full online play but they gave up on it. There's a screen that has Accept or Deny which is really superfluous.

It's pretty fun, but if you're out of shape, you're arms will be dead. All of the events are challanging in their own way.
Aquatics:players have differant styles of swimming in freestyle so you have to move the mote/chuck accordingly.
Archery:The wind fuks with you're shot.
Hammerthrow:power charecters like Knuckles and Bowser are easier to get longer distances as oposed to skill charecters like Waluigi and Eggman.
yada yada. Events that I donf like so far: Long Jump and Table Tennis. Long jump is just really hard, and table tennis is very, well, hard I guess. Sometimes the ball doesnt volley when you swing, and when you get a return that is aimed at you, it's REALLY hard to return it unless it was chopped.
Missions are pretty fun/challanging. Good luck catching Sonic with Mario on the track.
There are other personal differances in every event, but i'm not getting into it.

Mario/Sonic at the Olympics

chapman225 said:
I've seen previews of this game and it looks really good. I can't wait to get it. I just think its really cool as two of the most well known characters are gonna be in a game together. What do you think about it?

I rented it 3 days ago, still have it.....I was mega-hyped too...it's a good game, no question, but honestly, I'd save it for a rent, or rent first before you buy. Some of the events I found were kinda lame, like Rowing for example, didn't use really any skill or stamina.....although your arm WILL hurt after playing this game *LOL* Imagine how that's possible :p

Anyway, it's a good game, fun to play, just not sure if it's worth $50...for me, no, I'm taking that $50 and getting Super Mario Galaxy tommorrow :)

LOL, i'm the oposite of you. Rent Galaxy, but buy S&MOG. Already bought it.

Tails McCloud~ said:
It's pretty fun, ... Events that I donf like so far: Long Jump and Table Tennis. Long jump is just really hard, and table tennis is very, well, hard I guess. Sometimes the ball doesnt volley when you swing, and when you get a return that is aimed at you, it's REALLY hard to return it unless it was chopped.
it.

I can't stand the Table Tennis. I did get better at it but it still takes way too long to complete and it's no fun whatsoever.

This game is fun, and I think it deserves better scores than it has received. Whether or not it's worth $50 is debatable. But I would definitely pay $30 or rent it, play the hell out of it, and get bored of it. But, playing multiplayer on this is dumb. They should have made an unattainable max speed when running. It's gay when both me and my friend get a perfect start and run at max speed the whole distance, and it's a tie or it's impossible to catch up just because someone reached max speed first....

I really like this game. You will get a workout and my arms are pretty sore. My favorite events are the track events. I got through the entire gallery of games. Does anyone have more than 3 emblems so far? I have one for world record, olympic record and gallery so far.

I got the Skeet emblem, the Trampoline emblem, the Archery emblem, and a 2P emblem. Working on getting the fencing emblem.

This game is slightly underrated for groups of people. It's the kind of game that you should not own because you might play it too much. Why is that bad? Well it's most fun with a group of people who don't have much experience with the game. It's really fun to race and compete against friends.

I love the game but it has to be used sparingly and only socially.

Back