Metroid Prime 3: Aquiring new weapons/items?

Shantei

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2006
First off I'd just like to say how awesome this game is - can't wait to get it on HD.

Well I've just started playing it and it seems as though I'm getting the new weapns .. such as the grapple hook .. rather quite soon. Is this because it's the beginning and it's getting you use to the game? In Metroid you had various placces of going, but needed to figure out how to get an item or weapon before advancing furthur. Is this sort of gaming present in the game when getting more in to it?

Thanks.

HyPeRsHoCk said:
I'm about 50% done the game and I'm still getting a good "income" of upgrades.

That's good to know :)

But not exactly the answer I was looking for.

Do you have to figure out how to get these upgrades? Or do they just pretty much hand them over to you at certain points?

Also, it's a fairly large game right?

Answer 1: You have to figure out how to get them, but don't worry it's pretty easy. At least compared to Metroid Prime. There aren't any hard puzzles or anything like that yet.

Answer 2: Yes, so far I've played about 11-12 hours and I'm only 50% so ya..

To elaborate on Hypershock's reply, there are a number of different power-ups to obtain over the course of the game. Many of the "important" power-ups are obtained after defeating certain bosses and mini-bosses. It would be impossible to play through later portions of the game without getting through these required events.

On the other hand, there are a lot of other power-ups like missile expansions or energy tanks that are spread throughout the map that require a bit of exploring and thinking to obtain.

If you've played Metroid Prime 2, you'll remember towards the end of the game, you needed to find a number of keys that would allow you reach the final area. Metroid Prime 3 has a similar set of puzzles.

That being said, I think you'll be happy with what Nintendo has put together as the final chapter in the Metroid Prime trilogy.

naisatoh said:
To elaborate on Hypershock's reply, there are a number of different power-ups to obtain over the course of the game. Many of the "important" power-ups are obtained after defeating certain bosses and mini-bosses. It would be impossible to play through later portions of the game without getting through these required events.

On the other hand, there are a lot of other power-ups like missile expansions or energy tanks that are spread throughout the map that require a bit of exploring and thinking to obtain.

If you've played Metroid Prime 2, you'll remember towards the end of the game, you needed to find a number of keys that would allow you reach the final area. Metroid Prime 3 has a similar set of puzzles.

That being said, I think you'll be happy with what Nintendo has put together as the final chapter in the Metroid Prime trilogy.

That's good to know.

One last thing... with the maps for Metroid Prime 3 ... are they like the ones in the original Metroid? As in, you'd enter a main room, and there'd be branches of rooms of the main one .. so you have a choice to explore .. instead of it being set in one path?

Back